• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2014-11-12 16.57.25.jpg
Bitter sweet next few weeks for me and my 'Stang as I get ready to part ways with my her. I've had so many problems with it (don't a wanna bore you with it) and after a LONG process, Ford Motor Co. has agreed on a settlement through arbitration to repurchase my car under the California Lemon law.

I loved her while she was working properly and had so many things I planned to upgrade (BTW I have the Boomba BOV if anyone is interested in buying it), but I don't think I'll be using my $$ to buy another one. After this experience, the last thing I wanna do is deal with Ford again.

Been doing some research for potential replacement cars and I'm leaning towards Subaru, but I'm trying to keep an open mind for other options. If you guys have any input feel free to share, keeping it around the EB premium $ range.

This also means that once Ford buys her back, I won't be going on here as much :( (I'll probably still check out the pics ppl post lol). So thanks for everything, and best of luck to all of you with your mustangs!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Sorry to hear about your problems with your 'stang. You were very unlucky as very few serious problems with S550/2.3Ts have surfaced... especially since it is the first model year. If you are a hot-hatch maniac or a racing/drifter, the the WRX STI or the Focus RS would be good choices. If you are more interested in comfort and all-around driving pleasure, then stay with the Mustang (hopefully with better luck...but any car can be a lemon you know), especially if you want to stay American and not an import. If Ford is out, then maybe the 370Z or Genesis coupe?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Man, I hate that you've had so much trouble with your Mustang. At least Ford did the right thing for you. I'm sure that was NOT an easy process. I voted other because I would opt for the Focus RS if I could get one. (If the mustang was not an option for me)

·
Registered
816 Posts
Sorry to hear about your problems with your EB. If you liked your stang why now try a GT. Just a thought. I went with my stang because I got tired of the high repair cost of the other cars. I traded in my 05 BMW M5 V10 for my EB. Way cheaper to upgrade and fix. Oh the 370z sounds bad a-s.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Sorry about your experience. As others have said every manufacturer has that 1-2% of cars that have problems off the line.

Look at the issues that GM and Crystler are going through right now. Even Toyota and Honda have has some bad luck lately.

Sounds like you were the one of the unlucky ones.

If you don't opt for another Stang I would go Focus RS IMO.

Unfortunately none of the cars you listed (to include the Focus RS) will turn as many heads as the mustang.

But all are great performance options.

·
Banned
746 Posts
Not sure about your entire legal situation with Ford, but what about a '16 Mustang? Did they give you that option? What dealer in Cali, BTW

·
Registered
229 Posts
Can you give a quick summary of the issues and the build date of the car. I would recommend test driving the WRX and Lexus.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have had my EB for Just about a year with zero problems. It was an early build, Oct 14. So, don't write off Ford or the Mustang because of this. Our 2014 Jeep Cherokee was in the same boat, with transmission problems, well known to Jeep. It came to head when my wife was in the passing lane at 75 mph on I-90 and the transmission disengaged from the engine, leaving her without power. The TCM had failed and luckily she was able to get over to the right shoulder and stop. It was flat bedded to the dealer. After it was repaired, I spoke to the owner about her being afraid to drive it. He took it back, in trade on a 2015. No hassles and a very good deal. The 2015 has been flawless, with no problems. We just came back from a 1500 mile trip to Colorado, and it now has over 13,000 miles on it. My point, all manufacturers have lemons (my oldest daughter with her Subaru, two years ago, required a total engine rebuild. Subaru refused to replace it, even though it was their fault. It took several months to get the rebuild completed and they drove a new Subaru ,which the dealer gave them as a loaner.). So take your time and look around for something you can be happy with. Good Luck, and just for grins, I recommended the Lexus. :)

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I just got my hands on the new California special 2016 Mustang really nice..was all over while getting my oil change on .your car.lot cool stuff our year does not have but hey maybe give the 2016 Camaro a chances they might have got it right this time

·
Registered
158 Posts
I just got my hands on the new California special 2016 Mustang really nice..was all over while getting my oil change on .your car.lot cool stuff our year does not have but hey maybe give the 2016 Camaro a chances they might have got it right this time
Camaro seems fine on-paper, but it's also a rushed first-year model from GM. GM! I don't think the OP would really be comfortable with this option. However, I agree the 2016 Mustang is a much safer bet.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Buy a used Porsche 911- 996 twin turbo AWD, they go for between $35k to $45k depending on mileage. They are a steal right now because they share some cosmetic parts with boxster and true Porsche maniacs don't like that. They won't touch them but I would. Car is a true supercar. Prices have bottomed out. Cars are bulletproof. Research it. Cars you list above are sportscar imposters except for STI. But don't get STI til Japanese version comes here. I would get Focus RS before STI though. Wouldn't be so down on Ford since you got a Lemon.
I would really like to see a list of all your problems, as I'm sure others on forum would. My EB has been problem free except for check engine light coming on. Ford remapped computer and everything is fine now. knock on wood. Well, Good luck with whatever you decide.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I had a similar issue with the 2005 Mustang V6 when it first came out. I bought the first one I think, it had all kinds of problems. At least Ford gave me my money back. I went from that car to various others and always regretted just letting Ford give me another one,maybe a GT the next go around. I always had an itch that only be scratch by a Mustang. If the Mustang was not an option I would look at the Challenger or Camero.

Reactions: Punchy
1 - 13 of 13 Posts