Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

So i recently bought a 2016 ecoboost premium fastback, and I have been wondering whether it is the performance package or just premium package. It has the oil temp and turbo gauges and performance wheels but no spoiler, and i know next to nothing in terms of how the brakes and the other performance package stuff look. Is there any way to verify?

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
15-17 PP cars did not come with a spoiler. The ecoboost PP cars came with large 4 piston calipers on the front. The PP cars have a metal K brace that goes from each shock tower to the firewall, the non PP cars don't have the brace.

Dave

·
Registered
679 Posts
15-17 PP cars did not come with a spoiler. The ecoboost PP cars came with large 4 piston calipers on the front. The PP cars have a metal K brace that goes from each shock tower to the firewall, the non PP cars don't have the brace.

Dave
My premium has the metal K brace.

·
Premium Member
2,397 Posts
Can someone who is based in the US, please list what comes with the standard Premium Pack and what comes with the standard Performance Pack.
I ask this because global export Mustang models get a mixture of features from both packs, often as their 'base' models.
The lines seem to be quite blurred on what is included.
I would like to compare option for option, for example what we get included on base models here in Australia versus the US.

Thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea a list differing between premium and performance would be nice. My Premium does not have a K brace but came with the gauges and wheels. Im not sure if the previous owner somehow added them or they came like that from the factory. I cant find any pictures of the difference between stock and the four piston calipers either :/

·
Super Moderator
3,293 Posts
I don't have a photo of the "regular" ecoboost brakes, but these are GT brakes (photo from @ZStang )

·
Super Moderator
3,293 Posts
As for Premium, vs. performance pack...

Premium has nothing whatsoever to so with any of the performance options. Ford has changed some of the things that come with it over the years, as well as set up some other option levels in '18 and '19 to include some of the premium features on an otherwise base car. Feel free to hit up the Mustang configurator on ford.com to see how they shake out on the '19s.

From 15-17, to the best of my knowledge, Premium is a trim level getting you the leather interior with heated seats, dual zone climate control, touch screen radio, and potentially some different wheels, but none of them more than 7.5" wide. the Performance pack cars got the dash with the oil pressure and boost gauges, the GT brakes, bigger radiator, bigger rear sway bar, spoiler delete, 19"x9" black wheels, and "special suspension tuning". The K brace doesn't seem to be a good indicator, since all of the convertibles got the steel brace as well as the PP cars, and some others have been set up with them too.

Mine was a base ecoboost, with the performance pack as the only option, and looked like this off the dealer lot:

Of course, if you're buying a used Ecoboost Mustang, the previous owner could very well have changed some things out, giving you a mix and match of the various options.

Your car could be a Premium with the Performance Pack. Or it could be a base with Performance pack and some options. Or, it could be a Premium that the previous owner added some performance pack stuff to. Unless you know where it came from it's hard to tell.

Reactions: Go Further

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
alright, looking at the brakes and everything else, it confirms that I have the performance package. Thats really useful to know. But i do have one more question. I had to replace the passenger side strut and passwnger lower control arm since it they were bent from something the previous owner hit. would that affect the "special suspension tuning?

·
Super Moderator
3,293 Posts
alright, looking at the brakes and everything else, it confirms that I have the performance package. Thats really useful to know. But i do have one more question. I had to replace the passenger side strut and passwnger lower control arm since it they were bent from something the previous owner hit. would that affect the "special suspension tuning?
Not sure on that. If they used the same part numbers for the performance pack strut it shouldn't have changed anything.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Is the PP lower than the Reg mustang? I am still getting lowering springs but just curious ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
369 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts