Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The window sticker on my 2019 Ecoboost Premium w/ PP shows 20 MPG City and 28 MPG Highway which is lower than the standard 23/32. Is this solely due to the 3.55 LSD or is there something else I am missing that is contributing to this decrease?

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
pretty much it, if your car is PP there's a chance it doesn't have the windshield shutters behind grille, those are to make the car more efficienct at highway speed. they are eliminated on PP I believe, and some models.

ie. mine isn't a PP, but I didn't have them either.

·
Registered
59 Posts
It's the 3.55 rear end. The PP has a torsen LSD which may be a little less efficient (wild speculation, it is heavier though); but, it is way better at putting the power down than a clutch biased LSD (what all the non PP's have). As for the grille shutters, my 2015 PP has them; but, I can't say for sure if the newer ones do/don't have the shutters. I think they all do

·
Registered
297 Posts
My 2016 EBPP with 3.55s, Ford Performance tune, and square 275/40/19s gets over 25 mpg mixed daily and just got 30 mpg on a ~600 mile round trip with a lot of inclines and stretches of 80+ mph (~2500 rpm). Was getting 32 mpg until we had to sit in stop and go traffic for an hour due to a turned over spinach truck.

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
825 Posts
2017 Maunal ADM Mustang Performance Premium DD. No AGS custom tuned BY PD tuning, average 24.4mpg since new over 120ks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Awesome thanks for the feedback everyone. I do plan on getting the FP tune , glad to hear it retains or improves MPG.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I mean.... 2-3 WOT's up a ramp will completely burn any fuel you may of saved in the entire tank lol I swear driving for an hour of 30mpg average, then a WOT I look down it says 26mpg average now.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I mean.... 2-3 WOT's up a ramp will completely burn any fuel you may of saved in the entire tank lol I swear driving for an hour of 30mpg average, then a WOT I look down it says 26mpg average now.
Yeah that's definitely not true lol. One on-ramp blast every time you drive doesn't have a significant effect on MPG over the course of an entire tank, let alone 2-3.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I mean I dont know the actual decrease, but man. its crazy. I get 30s mpg average on highway (I get 99% highway driving) a few minutes of spirited pulls, and my tank quickly becomes a refill of 25mpg or so. I dont know how many pulls, but thank god I have the highway mpg's to offset the city/highway ramps I floor them onto. EVERYSINGLETIMEBOY. I go 0-70 like its a drag strip.

·
Registered
182 Posts
The window sticker on my 2019 Ecoboost Premium w/ PP shows 20 MPG City and 28 MPG Highway which is lower than the standard 23/32. Is this solely due to the 3.55 LSD or is there something else I am missing that is contributing to this decrease?
Yep, the Torsen takes away the extra miles. Funny thing is that it has no impact on the V8. Doing the Cobb Accesport had no change in mileage. I got a bump of 2 mpgs when I installed an MBRP Street Exhaust. I changed jobs thanks to COVID and my commute is now 15 minutes for 8 miles with about 4 miles of highway so no major mileage now. I have done a trip to Canada from NY for about 5 days and averaged 30 mpg for the trip. Yes, I wanted better mileage, but the PP is such a fun car that mileage be damned!

·
Registered
227 Posts
The Performance Pack cars get fewer MPGs mostly because of the wider, heavier wheels and tires, bigger, heavier brakes, and 3.55 axle ratio. The rotating mass of wheels, tires, and brakes, having a larger affect on performance than stationary weight, will reduce your MPGs and diminish your acceleration. The Torsen diff won't affect highway MPGs much, as differentials don't come in to play when driving in a straight line.
I have a 2018 A10 base model, with just a few options, that I bought because it was the cheapest, lightest, quickest, and most fuel efficient way to go. At 70 mph, in good conditions, it routinely gets about 35 MPG, at 60 MPH it gets 40 MPG.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts