Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought convertible, stick mustang about a year ago from an Audi dealer who didn’t have the window for the car. So I’m not sure what this car is equipped with. My first thought was to try running the vin but I feel like that would only tell me so much. So one question I’ve been wondering about is, how do I know if I have the performance package and not just the wheel and strip package (which just gives me 19’s and a mustang strip down the lower end of the car) I have 255/40/19 tires from factory and I have 4 switches (one of which changes my driving modes) inside the car. Anyone have any idea what I’m working with?

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
If the "Performance Package" is like what we get down here in Australia, then you will also have;
1. Four Piston Brakes on the front wheels.
2. Larger radiator
3. Larger sway bar on the rear.

Reactions: Logan101

·
Super Moderator
3,120 Posts
And the obvious sign, boost and oil pressure gauge in place of the center dash vent.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sounds like you got ( i think) the 101A equipment group, but not the performance package if you are missing those in dash vent gauges. However in the center console between the speedo and RPM gauges ( if you dont have the digital package) you can use the gauge mode to display a digital Boost gauge if you like.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And the obvious sign, boost and oil pressure gauge in place of the center dash vent.

I completely forgot about those. I was confused since I was told the tires I had come with the performance pack. Thanks mate

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds like you got ( i think) the 101A equipment group, but not the performance package if you are missing those in dash vent gauges. However in the center console between the speedo and RPM gauges ( if you dont have the digital package) you can use the gauge mode to display a digital Boost gauge if you like.
It sounds like you’re right. Thanks!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I have also heard that the performance package has a higher limit on the speed limiter that comes with the car. I think if I remember correctly, it was 149 mph for the performance package. And like 129 for regular. Is that true?

·
Super Moderator
3,120 Posts
I have also heard that the performance package has a higher limit on the speed limiter that comes with the car. I think if I remember correctly, it was 149 mph for the performance package. And like 129 for regular. Is that true?
It does, but that's a terrible way to test to see if you have the PP. Of course any aftermarket tune (not Ford Performance) gets rid of the limiter anyway. The Mustang is drag limited not too far past that.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea I mean, I’ve done 145 before which lead me to believe I have PP. But all this other evidence suggests otherwise

·
Super Moderator
3,120 Posts
Since all convertibles are premium package, I would say you have that, and since you've been above 120 it's likely it was tuned by the previous owner.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Since all convertibles are premium package, I would say you have that, and since you've been above 120 it's likely it was tuned by the previous owner.
That’s crazy and would be cool if it was already tuned lmfao. I have no idea how to even check. That’s interesting. My boost gets up to 20-22 sometimes which I’ve heard isn’t all that common

·
Registered
873 Posts
So I bought convertible, stick mustang about a year ago from an Audi dealer who didn’t have the window for the car. So I’m not sure what this car is equipped with. My first thought was to try running the vin but I feel like that would only tell me so much. So one question I’ve been wondering about is, how do I know if I have the performance package and not just the wheel and strip package (which just gives me 19’s and a mustang strip down the lower end of the car) I have 255/40/19 tires from factory and I have 4 switches (one of which changes my driving modes) inside the car. Anyone have any idea what I’m working with?
All of the above information is correct and I will add that, the PP includes a 3:55 limited slip rear diff. But the most obvious indicator is the presence of the oil pressure and boost gauges in the dash.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts