Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered this from AliExpress. Looks cool, I hope it works and does not scratch the dashboard.

For Ford Mustang 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 Car Air Vent Mount Adjustable Phone Holder Stand Cell Mobile Phone Stable Cradle

·
Registered
52 Posts
Any pics of it installed and opinions? I use the GPS on my phone a lot and am looking for away to mount it closer to eye level without taking up windshield space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure, I will try and get a pic .In the meantime. It does seem to hold well and well placed on the dash.It does Vibrates a bit much but not intolerable.
Phone loads from the top so I can't really rotate it on it's side without the phone sliding out. I have not tinkered with it ,but believe I can make the mount more secure. I will have a pic soon.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Do you happen to have a link to this one? I was looking online, but didn’t see it.

Couple of questions. How does it secure to your dash? From the pic it looks like it clips into the grooves on the top.

It also looks like the color matches your dash. Did it come this way or did you paint it to match?

Thanks

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

The part comes the same color as the dash. It attaches by snapping in three places. The top clips on the speaker grill, the two sides attach to the two vents. Just snaps in

·
Registered
2 Posts
I like the phone holder I have.. it tightens in the cd slot.. i mean who really uses that anymore.. and cops will not see you on your phone. With ^^^ your phone is basically on displays for all to see.

·
Registered
52 Posts
So an update. I went with the holder pictured below. It just arrived yesterday. I like the location of it (not taking up windshield space) and that it doesn't block anything (vents etc). As far as the fit of it, it is a little lacking. The measurements seem to be off a little for the clip locations and the clips are a little weak. It would come un-clipped on un-smooth country roads. I added a couple of pieces of double sided tape (the non-permanent type) and it seems to be secure now. The mount base was only available in silver, so I had to spray it with some flat black. I have notices a slight rattle from it at certain speeds, but that could just be needing to tighten the phone mounting ball.
I will grab a pic of it installed and post it later.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think it looks good. I cut the tip off a latex glove and put it around the ball. Keeps it tight and no rattle.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Just put the Kuda mount in mine. Nice look and easy to install
I second that.WOULD LOVE TO SEE PICS. They are pretty expensive, and would like to see if its worth the dollar. I personally use the Scosche Magnetic Mount with the CD adapter. Keeps my phone flush and still, but don't like that I have to look down.

·
Registered
2018 EB Premium
9 Posts

Dont have a picture of it in the car as I never took a picture. But looks very similiar to what they have on the website.

·
Registered
403 Posts
My phone just gets tossed in the little cubby between the seats! Lol! It’s synced to the car and I have the Garman from my work truck attached to the visor for navigation duties.....work truck got traded when I sold my company.

·
Registered
2018 EB Premium
9 Posts
I wanted it mounted and hard wired for using Android apps in the car and it made it easy

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you have an iPhone running ios 13 or a newer android why not just go with carplay/android auto? Bigger screen, Apple maps/Waze work fine and its nice being able to hide my phone down in the center console.

·
Registered
52 Posts
If you have an iPhone running ios 13 or a newer android why not just go with carplay/android auto? Bigger screen, Apple maps/Waze work fine and its nice being able to hide my phone down in the center console.
Doesn’t that require the Sync 3?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts