Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My thoughts are turning again to the problem of mounting a rear camera for a dash cam. If anyone has photos of the rear seat back out of their car, I would appreciate seeing them, just to give me a starting point for my thoughts. Bonus points for ones with the top down. Conversely, if anyone has developed some kind of mount that puts the camera in the vicinity of the top of the seat back, I'm happy to see those as well.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Why don’t you just take out your rear seat? It takes 10 minutes while drinking a beer.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Because I was born 20 degrees too far north and it is now too cold for my liking to be pulling the rear seat out of the car. When I posted this, I didn’t think it was that big of an ask.

·
Premium Member
2018 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Premium
157 Posts
I'm not sure this helps. I havent seen many (if any) verts with a removed rear seat most of the Rear seat delete kits are for coupes I believe. That said, I do know there are windshield mount dash cams with both front and rear facing cameras that might be a better solution for you long term, like this one :

Good luck!

Reactions: johnnybee

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not sure this helps. I havent seen many (if any) verts with a removed rear seat most of the Rear seat delete kits are for coupes I believe. That said, I do know there are windshield mount dash cams with both front and rear facing cameras that might be a better solution for you long term, like this one :

Good luck!
Thanks for your input. I was wanting the picture just to see what the structure looked like underneath, I’m not intending to delete the seat. I have considered the type of camera you mention but I think that the results wouldn’t be great, just because that lens is designed to grab the interior view.

·
Premium Member
2018 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Premium
157 Posts
Thanks for your input. I was wanting the picture just to see what the structure looked like underneath, I’m not intending to delete the seat. I have considered the type of camera you mention but I think that the results wouldn’t be great, just because that lens is designed to grab the interior view.
Thats fair. I was doing a little parts shopping this AM and checked American Muscle, found this video on the seat delete kit install that has some video of the rear seats removed, if that helps any. Again its a coupe, but there are some short images of the upper rear seats in the video, theres also a few photos on their site from customer builds that might help:

video:

Reactions: johnnybee
1 - 6 of 6 Posts