Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,271 Posts
I purchased a 2019 GT about 2 weeks ago. Yesterday my driver window started the up & down activity I'm reading about here. First I thought the convertible top wasn't completely closed, so I reopened & closed it. Nope. Next I did the door. Nope. I rolled all the windows up & down a few times. Nope. So I went to google and ended up here. It's disappointing to learn that this is something Ford is likely aware of yet allowed to continue. This is my first Ford. It was important to me to buy an American automobile and support our economy. Im hoping this is a one-off fix.
It's a 2019 and still under full warranty. Take it to the dealer, it's not something you have to deal with on your own (yet).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Its been perfect since they reseated the pin in the connector last August. I had actuslly forgotten it happened until you posted.

Dave
Do you happen to know what connector they found the pin loose in? Was it at the body control module or at the window motor? Thanks for your post as my 2017 just started freaking out.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
The work order had the connector number and cavity listed, i assumed it was in the door. I don't have the work order anymore so couldn't tell you the number now.

Dave

·
Registered
2 Posts
The power windows go down about 1/4" when you open the door to clear the gasket and then back up when you close the door.

Well my car has randomly started going down the 1/4" and back up while driving with the door closed. It was quite rare and it had to happen a few times before i could figure out what was happening. Well yesterday on the way home from vacation it started happening a lot. I was able to stop it by cracking the window enough to not be against the top of the gasket but still seal so there was no wind noise.

Anyone run into this and if yes what was the fix. I have not dug into the service manual yet hoping there would be a simple fix. I know other cars i have had had a calibration sequence for the power windows but I have not seen it mention for the Mustang.

I still have a few thousand miles of bumper to bumper but i consider it a last resort to let the dealer tear into the door.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Dave

·
Registered
1 Posts
I own a 2019 GT bought in August of 2019. About 4 months after buying my car, the passenger side window began to rarely and sporadically cycle up and down 1-2 inches when it reached the end of its upward position of travel. This became worse and worse until it was happening more often than not and often would "give up" and leave itself closed just enough to seal out the elements but still cause wind noise at highway speeds. I estimate the amount of travel it isn't accomplishing at around 1.5 inches, judging by the safety info etching of the driver window vs the faulty passenger side.

Anyway, after a month or two of it having the issue at an almost 100% reproducibility rate, I brought it to the dealer. They ordered a new motor and replaced it a week later. This was covered by warranty. A few months after this the issue began manifesting itself again. Just as before, it's been progressively becoming more consistent in its misbehaving. Also, as before, it seems to be more prevalent and stubborn about not remaining fully closed when the weather is warmer. The issue occurs both when attempting to manually/automatically close the window as well as after a passenger opens and closes the door, thus requiring the window to open and close a bit for sealing purposes under normal circumstances.

I'm about to go back to the dealership and attempt to find a solution that sticks. Dave, would you mind letting me know if your solution with fixing loose electrical connectors has withstood the test of time? I know it's been about 3 months since you're last post; but I hope you don't mind updating us.

So I have a 2016 GT Convertible with performance plus package. So far they have "fixed" my drivers side winow 6 or 7 times. They have replaced the motor 5 times and the latch once and I am heading back now to pick it up as they found a wiring issue. They replaced the motor on the passenger side once as well. Interesting enough, the auto up button works on my car after they replaced the motor the first time and it specifically says in the users manual that only the coupe as auto up, not the rag top.

All covered under my FORD ESP for 7 years / 100k miles with 0 deductilbe.

Also on a side note, anyone having issues with Sirius/XM losing signal often? I know it should be a different thread.

Thanks,

Gregg

21 - 26 of 26 Posts