Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2015 Mustang coupe in Korea and the same thing happened last year.

It is judged as a symptom of water entering the connector connected to the window motor, and I did not show any symptoms for more than 6 months after waterproofing the connector using a glue gun.

If the warranty period remains, you can solve it by replacing the window motor, wiring, etc., but if the warranty period expires and you need to repair it at your own expense, we recommend waterproofing the connector.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well they had my car for two days but did confirm the issue, fixed it and confirmed the fix.

There is a switch built into the door latch that tells the body controller that the door has been unlatched. It is this switch that signals the body controller to drop the window. They found a pin in the C525 connector in the path between the switch and body controller that was not locked into the connector and had come out enough to become intermittently connected.

The service manager told me that they had seen other intermittent issues that were traced back to a pin not being locked into the connector housing properly.

I was impressed that they confirmed the issue since it had been cool the past few days and the occurance was rare. I was also impressed that they didn't just start throwing parts at it.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk
I wish there was a video on how to reconnect this pin. Nothing else has worked and I don’t want to pay hundreds to have it fixed

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
A video is not going to help, it could be any pin on any of the connectors between the door switch and the body controller. You are just going to have to give a pull on each wire on both side of each connection point. It will be quite obvious if the pin is not locked in. If pushing it back in does not lock it in you will need to remove it and spread the lock tabs on the pin slightly. If that does not work I would recommend pushing it in then place a dab of RTV on the back side to hold it in place.

Dave

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well it took me awhile to make an appointment but mine goes in next Tuesday. I fully expect a second trip unless they find a loose connection or shorted wire.

I have been living with it by just cracking the window open. If you are real quick the window will still be touching the gasket that contacts the side of the glass but the body controller doesn't try to do the short drop.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk
Not only is my window doing all of the above but my door comes ajar while driving. It's driving me crazy.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts