Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Silly question, but what exactly does the pre brake assist do besides flash red LEDs and put an alert on the instrument cluster? Will it actually apply the brakes if I don’t if it detects an impending collision? The manual is supremely vague on its actions. My 2018 has that as part of the safety package.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Yeah, and that pre-charge of the brakes is definitely something of which to be mindful. Hit the brakes hard once those red lights flash and you will throw yourself against your restraints (hard). No soft braking once the pre-charge happens. Hate the false positives that sometimes happen when following someone that slows down and turns off in front of you.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, and that pre-charge of the brakes is definitely something of which to be mindful. Hit the brakes hard once those red lights flash and you will throw yourself against your restraints (hard). No soft braking once the pre-charge happens. Hate the false positives that sometimes happen when following someone that slows down and turns off in front of you.
I've only had it happen twice, but the first time was a total "WTF?" moment.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Our Ford Edge has that safe and secure system. I do not like it for too many reasons. When I ordered my car I made sure that none of that crap was on the Mustang or I wouldn't buy the car.
Tom

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Our Ford Edge has that safe and secure system. I do not like it for too many reasons. When I ordered my car I made sure that none of that crap was on the Mustang or I wouldn't buy the car.
Tom
One thing I found interesting with the lane assist is that I never realized how much I wandered in my lane til it kept nudging me back. The default assist setting was too obnoxious but setting it to low isn’t bad at all.
And automatic high beams are just the best thing ever.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts