Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have a '16 base model EB. No reverse sensors on the back just reverse light on bottom. (the base model bumper is one piece color matched) (Premium model has two pieces; a black plastic (valence) and the color matched paint around this in the exhaust)

Can I buy the premium bumper and replace it? in my mind it should be a literal swap as they should have the same connections right? I would be buying this one (Ford Mustang Premium Rear Bumper Cover; Unpainted 410642 (15-17 GT, EcoBoost, V6) (americanmuscle.com)) with this valence (Ford Mustang Rear Valance Panel FR3Z-17F828-AA (15-17 GT Premium, EcoBoost Premium) (americanmuscle.com))

any ideas or thoughts, theyre welcome!

Thanks all

·
Administrator
3,670 Posts
yes, you can replace a non-premium rear bumper with a premium one. All of the mounting points are the same.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Also for your consideration, the 2018+ bumper will also work and only has 1 extra attachment point at the taillights that won't match up to 2015-2017 and isn't required. It is a 2-piece just like the 2015-2017 premium bumpers, but I personally like the design better and there are many options for dual vs quad exhaust valences. And no, you don't have to replace the taillights to 2018+.

Reactions: zhent
1 - 4 of 4 Posts