Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, can't do much about our road craters, other than laugh at the piles of asphalt our state DOT dumps into them every month or so. It amazes me that in 2018, we can't engineer roadways to withstand the elements. Crazy.

As for paint chips, my new-found confidence repairing my recent door ding (see link below) motivated me to take on the 15-20 paint chips on hood, front fenders and roof.

The winner for this round of touch-ups is this nasty gash on my hood, with a stone that then jumped up and chipped my (2nd) windshield. Nice work, stone.
upload_2018-3-17_10-47-13.png

http://www.mustangecoboost.net/threads/thank-you-anonymous-driver-for-the-nasty-door-ding-update.7289/

We'll see how this one turns out.

Take care,

Matt

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Thats a nasty one!! But you did a,great job on the door ding..so im sure this will come out looking good as well

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
That was a fine job you did on the door ding!
Update us on the hood rock chip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
For paint chips I use one of these...

Dupli-Color Scratch Fix - Prep + Prime & Paint + Clearcoat "all in 1" Pen Kit
They came in all common car paint codes, and are a step above just using your usual "touch up" paint for those small stone chips and scratches.

This pen kit is the best I've found to fix those little paint mishaps.

First, it has an abrasive tip to remove loose paint and any rust from the stone chip and prepare it for the paint.

Then using one of the two applicators, either a precision pen tip for fine scratches or a tapered brush for larger chips, you apply a one coat prime and paint formula.

Once dry, you then apply the clear coat with the ultra smooth foam applicator for that perfect finish and protection.

It works really well... I highly recommend it. :)

Here's a video showing how to use it...

Also the kit from Dr Colorchip also looks like a nice solution I am yet to try...

Dr. ColorChip Automotive Paint Chip Repair Kit - Dr. ColorChip: Automotive Paint Chip Repair Systems

1 - 4 of 4 Posts