Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Performance
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am a giant fan of the quad Exhaust on the mustang. I just absolutely love the look. So I have been doing some research in my down time to see of this is possible, but I can't seem to find a quad cat back. Found a diffuser that will fit the new exhaust. See the item below. I also will change out the reverse light, and replace (see items below). If anyone knows of a good cat back Quad exhaust please feel free to recommend. I'll also take any suggestions to get the look I desire. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Not sure about the quad, but I just added the same reverse light and love it. It’s a pain to install but well worth it. I got the white one, lights up red though. The oem lighting is boring imo, did the turn signals too at the same time. Considering the tail lights and fog lightd down the line

·
Registered
403 Posts
There are a lot of quad tip exhausts offered; Flow Master, MRT, Roush, MBRT, MagnaFlow, Corsa, to name a few.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi All,

The reason I think it's possible to get a quad cat back exhaust for my 2019 Eco Performance model is cause the new 2020 High Performance model has the cat back Quad (see build below). I'm super picky 😂😂😅 if you can't tell. I might have to wait until they start making after market exhaust for this model or upgrade to the 2020 lol.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not sure about the quad, but I just added the same reverse light and love it. It’s a pain to install but well worth it. I got the white one, lights up red though. The oem lighting is boring imo, did the turn signals too at the same time. Considering the tail lights and fog lightd down the line
Did you have to tap into the wires of any lights for the reverse light? Cause I such at wiring 😅😅

·
Registered
117 Posts
Did you have to tap into the wires of any lights for the reverse light? Cause I such at wiring 😅😅
The one I got is plug and play, but you are gonna have to splice ground and live wires. I’m with you, wiring isn’t my thing so I had a buddy help with that since we did my turn signals and a few other random things at the same time

The pain for me was that I (foolishly) followed American Muscle’s advice on 1) not needing a lift and 2) only needing to remove two small screws

I still have stock suspension on mine so it’s not low at all and on stands I still had a tough time getting to the extra screws American muscle didn’t mention in their install video. There are two screws at the top of the oem reverse light that you have to kinda feel your way around if you wanna get to it. The space in there is almost impossible to see while your arm is in there. Once that is out you gotta do the same in reverse to install the new one. Pain in the a$$ man.

The splicing seemed easy enough just gotta know where to stick the wires which I didn’t lol but my buddy got them in easy.

Took what felt like forever but it was well worth it given the end result. Might be worth taking to a decent shop if you’re unsure about the splicing, shouldn’t take more than an hour for them to get it done. About 100 bucks depending on their hourly rate

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi All,

The reason I think it's possible to get a quad cat back exhaust for my 2019 Eco Performance model is cause the new 2020 High Performance model has the cat back Quad (see build below). I'm super picky 😂😂😅 if you can't tell. I might have to wait until they start making after market exhaust for this model or upgrade to the 2020 lol.

Quad tips are also on the 2019 models with Active Exhaust. The extra tips are required for the AE functionality. One tip on each side has a valve that PCM to open and close to adjust the exhaust volume.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi All,

Just to update everyone, I may have found a possible solution for what I am looking for. I found a mustang speciality shop that can do all the work I want done (I would prefer to do it myself but beggers can't be choosers). I'll post a parts list once I get the invoice. Things I'm having done is as followed;

• New cold air intake
  • Quad exhaust catback/axle back(one or the other)
  • Changing the rare valance
  • Replacing the reverse light with the MP concepts light.
Their quality of work looks really good so hopefully I'll be able post some pics when it's finished. I'll give the name and location of the shop if I'm pleased with the work. 😁

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I took my car to Mustang Magic and they are able to make my dream a reality. These are the items they used to make everything work (see invoice). The good news is they work really really quickly, the bad news is that American Muscle was late on the delivery of every item to the shop except the Axle back. So I decided to have them install it, and I will be back next week for the tips and valance install. The car sounds great it has this unique tone that Im loving. I'll post the finished product but see the temp set up. I drove it for an hour and really enjoyed the drive, no drone or anything weird it was comfortable drive with the new setup. In manual mode everyone can hear you coming, but as I mentioned the ride is smooth and comfortable. With the windows open it sounds amazing deep tone but it hits hard. Some crackle, and a liitle backfire noise, and the turbo sounds absolutely amazing. I'll make a quick video.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I made a quick video. Maybe you like the sound maybe you don't, but I really really like it. Enjoy

:cool:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I can't stop driving it 🤯🤯. I can't wait till next Saturday when all the work will be completed. Note of you want it louder you can do a resonator delete but I think I like it like this.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good day Gents,

The final product is ready. I'll post a sound clip in a bit .
IMG_20200222_144224~2.jpg
IMG_20200222_144124.jpg

1 - 16 of 16 Posts