Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found a manufacturer of a high capacity oil pan for EB's?

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Has anyone found a manufacturer of a high capacity oil pan for EB's?
I haven't seen any so far. Mountune sells an oil pan baffle kit for the 2.0 and 2.3 focus engines. Not sure if it will fit in the EcoBoost Mustang.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
None. But if I could get a higher capacity oil pan with baffles it would be beneficial on the track.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Stock oil pan has no baffles. High performance cornering will starve the engine of oil. A baffle oil pan will fix that problem.
I know. I've been at this since the 70's.

Reactions: Leon Chase

·
Registered
139 Posts
i race an oval track. no starvation issues with the OEM pan. i'm pretty sure that after 30 races i'd be seeing some stuff in the oil if there was a problem.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i race an oval track. no starvation issues with the OEM pan. i'm pretty sure that after 30 races i'd be seeing some stuff in the oil if there was a problem.
Good to know, thank you.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
FYI... If you have the OEM balance shaft in the oil pan then acts as a sort of baffle system. Oil pan baffles are needed if you delete the balance shaft.

·
Registered
139 Posts
i removed the balance shaft assembly before i ever put the engine in my race car and i probably run it harder than anyone on the forum. removing the balance shaft assembly allows for more oil capacity. mine holds 7.5 qts with my oil cooler and lines. i'm sure it's sloshing around in there creating windage, etc., but i've never seen the oil pressure drop and the oil is clean as a whistle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts