Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately, probably over the last 2-3 months, I've noticed a considerable rattle somewhere on the passenger side behind me, most likely in the convertible arms and mechanism.

When the top is down, nothing... no rattles, but with the top up, well, like I said, she's a rattling.

I have no doubt it's at least partially caused from the fact that I'm lowered and things are loosening up over time as the car goes over bumps and what-not. But for the life of me, I cannot find the source of this rattle.

Anyone have ANY ideas?

·
Registered
845 Posts
Maybe have someone ride around with you and try and listen to maybe pin down the location better. Then really look at that point. So say, if in the rear near the mechanism, maybe try putting the top part way down and tapping the frame to see if something has loosened. You may want to check in the trunk too, as there are tension straps on each side that are prone to falling out. Make sure they are in their place as if not that might be inducing a rattle in the frame somewhere.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe have someone ride around with you and try and listen to maybe pin down the location better. Then really look at that point. So say, if in the rear near the mechanism, maybe try putting the top part way down and tapping the frame to see if something has loosened. You may want to check in the trunk too, as there are tension straps on each side that are prone to falling out. Make sure they are in their place as if not that might be inducing a rattle in the frame somewhere.

I've had my kids back there checking for me, but they aren't able to pinpoint the source. I'll probably have the wife drive with me in the back to find out exactly where it's coming from. It's definitely a metallic sound, so my best guess is some part of the convertible, especially because I don't hear it with the top down. I'll find it eventually though :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts