Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

After joining the forum over four years ago where I thought I would shop/buy a convertible...to waffling back & forth over a GT or Ecoboost...to waffling back & forth between a convertible or fastback...shopping through the COVID explosion of used car pricing and looking at 100s of cars via online and in person, I finally bought a Mustang.

I wound up buying a 2021 Mustang EcoBoost Premium Fastback in Antimatter Blue with 3,276 miles on it that was only in service for 6 months....I just picked it up yesterday. It has the 201-A Group, 10 speed Auto, High Performance Pkg, Handling Pkg, and the Security Pkg. I bought it from a Mercedes Benz dealership where a guy traded it in...because his wife hated it...for a Benz SUV. I caught it the day they put it up for sale and they just wanted it off the lot, so I got a pretty good deal at $31,5K plus tax. The car is literally brand new and still has 'new car smell'.

First thing I'll upgrade is the intercooler with a CVF version as per you guys. Then I have to replace the Summer tires for All season tires....and I'll need some advice in that choice from the forum members. Being that it has Magneride, not sure if I'll mess with the suspension.

I'm just going to enjoy it for a while and get a feel for it. I'm an outside sales rep and drive 30+ thousand miles a year...which is why I buy used...but I kept my Edge and I'll run both for a while to save the mileage on the Mustang.

It was a long road to get to this point, but well worth the wait!

Here's a pic of the car as I pulled into the dealership yesterday to pick her up....
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

· Administrator
3,950 Posts
Welcome to the forum! (again)

• Haha
Reactions: Ironpeddler

· Registered
1,656 Posts
Welcome to the forum, me likes the ride.

BD

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to the forum, me likes the ride.

BD
Thanks for the warm welcome! I had your exact car lined up at a dealer in MD with the 201-A Package and under 10k miles. I was trying to negotiate with them a little and they came down $500 to 30.5K....and then the car I bought became available. The Mustang looks so sharp in red.

· Registered
1,656 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome! I had your exact car lined up at a dealer in MD with the 201-A Package and under 10k miles. I was trying to negotiate with them a little and they came down $500 to 30.5K....and then the car I bought became available. The Mustang looks so sharp in red.
Glad to have you aboard, I lucked out on mine a little over a year ago when the used car market was stupid with high trade in values. We had a 2019 edge that we were going to trade on a 2021 edge but the new edge had the big screen in the middle of the dash that just turned us off from it. My wife spotted the mustang as we were walking out the door to leave. The people that traded it in were still removing their personnel items from it. So, the sale manger said if we wanted to wait till, they got done we could test drive it.

We got such a good deal I could not say no, we got more than we paid for the edge new on trade and got the 2020 mustang with 5800 miles on it out the door for 26k. It's a 201A package also. Sticker price was 37,800. It's our mid-life crisis car. :D

BD

• Love

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome.

I've used two different sets of all seasons that have worked out great. Yokohama Advan Sport & Michelin Pilot Sport
Looks like the Michelin Pilot Sports are the choice. The only thing I’m a little shaky about is the 40 profile. I saw a few tires that came in a 45…I used to run them on a lowered Acura TL-S with great success…but I’m not sure they’ll be any issues with clearance. I drive on quite a few bumpy roads with potholes in Philly & NYC areas. I’m concerned about cracking a wheel in those conditions. I have to do a little research on that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts