Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's a matter of personal opinion, but what is your opinion on adding the 1/4 rear window louvers? Like, Dislike, Don't care one way or the other?

Black or color matched to vehicle?

I picked up a set of inexpensive louvers so I could see what they would look like. They are black and my Mustang is Platinum White. The black closely matches the black trim of the car, but if I were to keep and install them I would paint them with a matt black texture paint as to match the trim even closer.

So what's your view?

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I like them..there is lots of options when it comes to styles..right now i have the Roush ones. I also think they only look nice on mustangs ..not other cars

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like them..there is lots of options when it comes to styles..right now i have the Roush ones. I also think they only look nice on mustangs ..not other cars
Do your attach to the window glass or the rubber window seal? Do guess you have a photo you could attach?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I know it's a matter of personal opinion, but what is your opinion on adding the 1/4 rear window louvers? Like, Dislike, Don't care one way or the other?

I picked up a set of inexpensive louvers so I could see what they would look like. They are black and my Mustang is Platinum White. The black closely matches the black trim of the car, but if I were to keep and install them I would paint them with a matt black texture paint as to match the trim even closer.

So what's your view?
Thinking of adding a rear louver and side panel louvers to my 19 pony in spring...was wondering what was best to buy..want a aluminum rear louver...don't think the sides come in aluminum

·
Premium Member
2,527 Posts
I had them on my Mustang, but found 3 issues, so took them off;
1. Poor visibility when overtaking and parking.
2. Due to the curvature of the rear quarter windows, they started to come off at the front end of the glass, and that was using quality 3M tape and 3M pre-primer.
3. Hard to clean the windows, as dirt will eventually build up on the outside of the windows, through the "vents" in the louvers.

·
Registered
570 Posts
The below picture is my 17 GT with louvers....I kept them sitting in my living room for weeks before deciding to put them on. When I finally did I was very happy with the look and fit.
I always use 3M tape when fitting exterior pieces because I know that I will go as fast as the car will allow sometimes. Visibility for me was not impaired, I’m 6’4” and could see for backing, passing, etc just fine.
Anyway I loved the look as shipped against the oxford white, I’ll probably do the same louvers again even though my 19 is Kona blue.
71DEEEF7-0FCF-4D61-A444-2D09CCDE4220.jpeg
B2BC64CA-4955-475C-A369-92EC2A000865.jpeg

·
Registered
8 Posts

So what's your view?
Love the way they look. Here's mine.

·
Registered
671 Posts
The visibility through my rear louvers is great. Sides not so much, but don’t care. :)

F42EE55F-5536-46D6-AA37-69B616447AC2.jpeg
86F3AED3-8225-4B70-B4F3-4B9CBB838C10.jpeg

Reactions: gatornek

·
Registered
671 Posts
Thanks! Put a lot of work into her. Just finished phase one of my Airlift 3P install a couple weeks ago. Next step is to install the height sensors to make it an Airlift 3H system. Probably won't get to that till the end of this month.

I always liked that color blue. Your ride looks clean. Any upgrade plans other than external cosmetics?

·
Registered
2018 Ecoboost Premium w/ Performance Package
135 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts