Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready for the Mohawk Track Experience so am swapping my rotors and pads. When I was ordering the rotors the guy at O'Reilly's said that their computer was reporting that there is a different rear rotor if you have a manual or automatic. I've never heard of such a thing and on every other Mustang I have owned the rear rotors were all the same for V6, V8, and even GT500.

I know that the front performance pack rotors are different but is there really a difference if you have a manual or automatic for the rear?

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
They are different between standard suspension and the Performance Package. Standard are solid, PP are vented but they are the same diameter.

Dave

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I figured that the only difference would be performance package and not manual vs automatic.

And good to know the only difference in the rear brake is vented vs non-vented. Especially since I just checked and the rotors are vented

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
318 Posts
I meant, the auto vs manual are the same.

pp vs non pp brakes are different as stated, vented vs non vented and sizes of rotors/calipers on front.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I meant, the auto vs manual are the same.

pp vs non pp brakes are different as stated, vented vs non vented and sizes of rotors/calipers on front.
That's what I understood your comments to mean.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just checked on O'Reilly's website and apparently there is a size difference on the rear rotor for performance package and non-performance package cars.

The vented rotors are
Outside Diameter (in): 12.992 Inch

Outside Diameter (mm): 330mm

And the solid rotors are
Outside Diameter (in): 12.598 Inch

Outside Diameter (mm): 320mm

So not a case of automatic vs manual as their database at the store said, but there is a difference in size apparently. Guess I will head back over and exchange the vented rear for the solid rear because my convertible doesn't have the performance package.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts