Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
I just installed them. I have to say I LOVE THE SOUND. I removed the exhaust mic from the car so there wasn’t much noise in the cabin and the NXT mufflers sound deep, makes the car sound like a turbo V6 or something meaner!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I did the Y pipe install, I ordered the roush one from american muscle but there are cheaper options. The resonator is not as restrictive as the stock mufflers but will still improve performance if you replace both. I recommend it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
so far I've done the resonator delete and kept the stock mufflers sounds ok and performs well,the other items I've done is the NGK 1 step colder from adam tuned and a MAP intercooler,a roush CAI and a COBB tune i'm still at stage 1 93 octane and my car performs well :) and I still get 24-26 mpg city and 32 hwy … still looking for that deep sound and I think the NXT STEP Mufflers will be just what the doctor ordered just have to save $ ...tks for your info....vince

·
Registered
622 Posts
I'm running Airaid CAI, ATM intercooler, CVF charge pipes, CVF 3" catted turbo downpipe (O2 restrictor not required), MBRP 3" catback black race version exhaust (y-pipe), TurboSmart IWG-75 Wastegate actuator from Tune+, Motorcraft SP-542 Spark Plugs (1 step colder), Boomba BOV, and Tune+ 93oct tune. The exhaust has a very deep note, and is loud when you get on it. Yet when cruising its not obnoxious at all, mild drone in 6th gear. I might get hold of a 3" Vibrant resonator and put it on my y-pipe to test drone reduction, but its not a high priority at this time for me. The car pulls extremely hard and my highway mileage is still at 31+ when I go on trips. City mileage varies greatly for me because I can't seem to stop pressing the pedal to the floor, both for the music (exhaust) and the fun (power), so at this point I don't know what the "normal" driving average is.

·
Registered
78 Posts
That's great to know, I was concerned if the car would get louder after a tune/intercooler upgrades. The Y pipe and cat-back exhaust combo are awesome on this car because even my Dad said he's re-thinking whether he wanted the GT or not because his biggest drawback from the EcoBoost was the sound. He listened to mine and was very impressed, girlfriend says it "sounds like a mustang" now lol.

·
Registered
90 Posts
hey y'all this is great info for the group and I thank you all ,has any one hit the dragway yet with there mod's and checked the 1/4 mile times and mph … I plan on hitting Orlando speed world soon for a couple hits i'm really interested to see what red will do ….vince

·
Registered
90 Posts
I heard some info about the PP it tops out at 151 mph and the base tops out at 120 mph anybody heard this ?

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Yes the PP is not electronically governed at 120 MPH. Not sure on what the top speed is but i have seen 135.

Dave

21 - 40 of 52 Posts