Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the base cloth seats, and I'm looking to upgrade. I orginially wanted to have the seats reupholstered into leather, but I've also been thinking about removing the seats all together, and putting in race seats. My only concern is comfort on long drives, and not having power seats. It's a daily driver, so not much track time. Will I still get use out of the racing seats or should I just pay to have the seats reupholstered?

·
Administrator
6,614 Posts
I hate power seats. I've removed them from all cars I own.
Recaros rule. My wife loves them for long trips. :D

·
Administrator
3,757 Posts
I've only ridden in the Recaros on an autocross course, and while they were great there, I'm not sure I could live with them on a daily basis. I'll end up re-upholstering mine in a year or two from the cloth.

·
Administrator
6,614 Posts
I've done trips to the west coast, Indiana, Florida and all over TX. I would NOT trade the Recaros for anything out there, especially power.

·
Administrator
3,757 Posts
And of course, "to each their own"

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I have a friend recovering from a broken back, and he loves Recaro seats for the extra support to his spine. Personally, I'd rather be able to squirm around a little on long trips.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Well since the Recarro seats and the stock seats are made by Johnson Controls and use the same frame you may be able to find a set of Recarros and swap the covers, and foam over to your power frames.

Personally I like the look of the Recarros but I would never pay a premium for them considering you give up the power, heated and cooled features.

Dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.