Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i've noticed my 2019 10 speed auto ecoboost doesnt rev up till redline when in neutral or park. It just does it till 5k. Is this a new thing on them mustangs??
incase you're asking why would i rev it till redline. Well some of us have good exhausts and we just wanna hear them crack and pop sometimes. lower rpms dont help us do that.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I noticed the same thing on my wife's 2016 V6 auto, but it limits to 4K. So I think its a thing for S550 auto for sure, but you can probably have it addressed with a tune.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Many manufacturers have added a rev limiter to their vehicles to limit max rpm in neutral or park in an effort to protect the engine from unnecessary wear and tear and ultimately reduce warranty claims on powertrain.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I noticed the same thing on my wife's 2016 V6 auto, but it limits to 4K. So I think its a thing for S550 auto for sure, but you can probably have it addressed with a tune.
Yeah i'm aware of that. but a tune would void my warranty and i just have 2k miles on the car

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Yeah. I have the option to up the neutral rev rpm with my SCT tuner. I think mine is set to something like 6.3k rpm. I have the 6 spd auto.

·
Registered
398 Posts
All my recent vehicles had a rev limiter when in Park or Neutral. My EB does it at about 4K as well.

·
Premium Member
2,558 Posts
Why would you want to rev your car to redline in neutral or park anyway, apart from maybe hearing the exhaust note?

·
Registered
273 Posts
I've been building engines from autos to offshore production platforms for 50 years and nothing upsets me more than to see someone rev an unloaded engine to high rpms's, nothing, absolutely nothing, is worse on an engine than revving it when in park or neutral, please have mercy on that poor engine and don't rev it more than 3500-4000 to show off your exhaust, that's not what the exhaust is far in the first place, Ok, maybe a little but performance is why you change it. Sorry for the sermon, it's a soft spot in me for engines.

·
Registered
159 Posts
It's to protect the torque converter. Ever see one that ballooned? $$$!
I don't understand beating on engines with high revs and bouncing off the limiter with no load on it. I cringe every time I hear it. One exception would be staging before a pass down the track with a purpose-built motor. But it's not my money so have a blast. The sound of a motor giving up the ghost coupled with the look of shock from the abuser is entertaining and costs me nothing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys i've noticed my 2019 10 speed auto ecoboost doesnt rev up till redline when in neutral or park. It just does it till 5k. Is this a new thing on them mustangs??
incase you're asking why would i rev it till redline. Well some of us have good exhausts and we just wanna hear them crack and pop sometimes. lower rpms dont help us do that.
I have the 2020 mustang gt 10 speed. In neutral or park there is a soft limiter at 5k cannot get rid of it

·
Registered
172 Posts
I've been building engines from autos to offshore production platforms for 50 years and nothing upsets me more than to see someone rev an unloaded engine to high rpms's, nothing, absolutely nothing, is worse on an engine than revving it when in park or neutral, please have mercy on that poor engine and don't rev it more than 3500-4000 to show off your exhaust, that's not what the exhaust is far in the first place, Ok, maybe a little but performance is why you change it. Sorry for the sermon, it's a soft spot in me for engines.
i hear guys doing it all the time at the track and it makes me cringe. we call it a "rod check". i guess if they don't fly out of the block, they're good.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Some folks abuse animals, some abuse engines, some their spouses. I always hope the animal and spouse abusers meet an early end and that it hurts.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts