Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First off need to recognize that this is a company that is going to make a difference that some of the high dollar people need to take note on. They have a price point that is fair and quality that is 2nd to none. Add to that an exceptional support/sales teams that actually respond and listen and you have the makings of a company that has no choice but to succeed.

The charge pipes arrived in 2 boxes. One with the cold side and the other with the hot side. Everything was packed well to prevent any damage from the normal heave-ho from your friendly UPS driver/dock worker.

You see parts like this and you see the price and the first thing that comes to mind is WTF? Why can’t they do this at the factory and why do other companies charge so much for stuff that may not be as nice??

Cold Side!

Hot Side!

BOV port!

BOV Closeup showing quality machining!!

The install was easy, no big issues here. Just take your time and make sure you pay attention to what push pins you pull out of where on that belly pan stuff. They are NOT all the same size!! Everything slides right into place and fits just like it would from the factory. I did have to use the factory clamp on the small end of the silicon reducer at the turbo because of a mix-up at the warehouse but this was a non-issue for me as the stock clamp was not so bad. Jason wanted to make it right but I told him I was good and there were no issues with things staying put. (Jason – you are Da MAN regardless!!)

So, what have I noticed? A little sound from things but that is what I was hoping for. Nothing drastic but a difference all the same. I know for sure at startup you can hear the cold side a lot more for sure when in front of the car. A little more turbo noise as well. Throttle response improved for sure! One thing that I have noticed and not sure of anyone else is that the AIT temps while not really better seem to recover better. I am sure this is from the increased flow.

Again, the quality is excellent and the price is affordable. (Not going to say ch*** because that word does not belong on these products. It would be an insult.) If you are looking for a company to get behind and support then CV Fabrication deserves your attention for sure.

On a side note, just in case any of you Ford company guys are looking around. Get your quality in check guys. My car is an 18 with just over 5k miles. Never hit anything and this was the first time doing anything to it. There are no scrapes or dents on the underside of the car. Thankfully I already have an order in with Jason for the new CVF IC so that I can get this crap from Ford replaced!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Nice job. I also got sent one wrong coupler for my Injen pipes and had to make do with reusing factory.

One thing I noticed for sure with new aluminum pipes....is the turbo spool sound is about as clear as day now.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Looks nice thanks for the write-up! I have to say, I wouldn't even consider buying charge piping like this for the usual 400 dollars from some brands. I don't know how long these will be $200, but thats a good price all things considered.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'd just like to vouch for these charge pipes as well. Put them on shortly after doing my intercooler and they really are great quality parts. BTW I did install the CVF intercooler so if you have any questions let me know!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I took them off for the install and then put them back on after. Hardest part is unplugging the connector to the shutters, then two bolts and push pins and its off.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah.. I see where they get left off most of the time. I may look to see if I can just remove the part of them that is in front of the IC when it comes time. I have also heard that the Performance Pack cars don't even have them.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The shutters are one piece but I'm sure with a little elbow grease and a hacksaw you could split it in half, not sure about 18-19 but my 17 PP had them on it. Only reason I left them on is it's still my daily and I like my mpg's lol

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I have had the CVF charge pipes in place on my '17 for about six months.

No leaks or signs or corrosion, never had a hose pop off.

One minor issue I encountered was one of the air conditioner high pressure lines was rubbing against the hot side pipe slightly so I put some wire loom over the a/c line to protect it.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts