Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Royal Crimson Blackout Ecoboost Premium Convertible
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
New to the forum and looking for information.
I have a 2018 Royal Crimson Eco Convertible.
I run 87/89 gas and get 32-34 babying it on highway, 24 combined @50:50 city highway. I commute in it and it’s 50:50 commute.
I leave 430 am for my commute.
I am thinking of getting the performance pac level 1 or 2.
My concerns are:
1- what are mpg changes after CAI with or without flashing ecu
Thinking $.50 per gallon cost increase to 93 octane. $6 a fill-up extra plus lost mpg.

2- loudness of CAI “whoosh” inside and outside car.

3- loudness of axel/cat back exhaust.

I understand performance is always with a cost....usually mpg.
Looking for information, accepting opinion.

N

·
Registered
467 Posts
I use costco and sams club 93 for fuel, I wouldn't of tuned it if I didnt have those close. ie. 87 is 2.00 everywhere locally, and 2.80 sh for 93 at all gas stations.

sams club/costco have 87 for like 1.95 and then 93 is like 2.15 so I have now made sams and costco my 100% dedicated ecoboost mustang route. its 5 minutes away from my house. if I didn't have access to cheap 93, no way would I of tuned it, the stock config did everything I wanted. im just happier with my performance, for like 2-3 more a tank.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
I have been driving turbo charged 4cyl cars continuously since 1985. Every one of them has been tuned with exhaust and intake. I have gotten the same or better mileage on all of them.

The only thing that will reduce the mileage be is more aggressive driving. If you continue to drive the same as before the tune you can expect the same or better mileage.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
150 Posts
I got the MBRP Street catback and my mileage improved. However, wanting to hear the additional grunt will definitely make you loose MPG. I say go for it!

·
Registered
460 Posts
1 Negligible. But hay It's a Mustang if you want mpg buy a eco worrier **** box. The tune will be optimised to the octain ratings.

2 You MAY hear some increase.

3 This will be the most noticeable of all.

Food for thought Roush performance pack upgrades are expensive in comparison to other 3rd party equivalents. Or they are at least here in Australia. You can get alot more flexibility with other tuning pathways. For example life time tunes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts