Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in buying either the rtr or cdc switchback grille, with the LED vent lights, but I don't know which brand to go with. The cdc has a switchback feature and the LED accents act as turn signals, but aren't plug and play. The rtr lights don't have the switchback feature, but are plug and play. What are your thoughts on the grille style in general? Which brand do you think is better? Have you had any experience with either of the grilles before?

·
Registered
816 Posts
I have the RTR grill with LED and love it. I get allot of compliments about the light and how more aggressive the front looks. I also like on how more open the grill is to let more air in.
20170409_180645.jpg

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I know when these rtr grills first came out they were a very high-dollar item which prevented a lot of us from getting them at the time if you guys are interested in saving some money I've gone to the few shows and seen first-hand some of the RTR knockoff that they sell online for like $150 and the quality of them is really decent. And they light up.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know when these rtr grills first came out they were a very high-dollar item which prevented a lot of us from getting them at the time if you guys are interested in saving some money I've gone to the few shows and seen first-hand some of the RTR knockoff that they sell online for like $150 and the quality of them is really decent. And they light up.
I had seen some of the cheaper ones online too and was wondering if anyone knew about the quality of them. I'm definitely gonna look into that, maybe I can save a few hundred.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is the one that I got to help my nephew put in it was great quality and everything lined up perfect.
Thanks Elvis, you're a lifesaver. I found a couple listings on ebay with the exact picture, do you think you could tell me the name of the seller?

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I'll have to do a little back research on that one to see which one he purchased it from one thing I will tell you is look for the seller that have the highest rating

·
Registered
634 Posts
Hard not to like that chin splitter! Dude get the GT grilles from Shelby American off of ebay. (The new GT grilles they strip before upgrading cars. You didn't think they went in the bin did you?) Get the wire mesh from Custom Car Grilles dot com. $200 and I was super happy... except I need that chin splitter! :)

Reactions: Punchy

·
Registered
634 Posts
Thanks Elvis, you're a lifesaver. I found a couple listings on ebay with the exact picture, do you think you could tell me the name of the seller?
Reasonably easy install regardless. Where in Virginia are you Dubcsmith?

·
Registered
634 Posts
You're up there brother. Good horse country up that way in PWC.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts