Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

SCCA TT Nationals - Got an Opinion?

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Squid 
#1 ·
Hello Track Nighters!!

In case you have not heard, the team at the Sports Car Club of America that built Track Night is gearing up stage the first ever Time Trials Nationals. The event will take place at NCM Motorsports Park in Bowling Green Kentucky, September 28, 29 and 30th. Think of this event as a gathering of people who love driving on track and having #FunWithCars to celebrate and share in the quest for speed.

The event will have a variety of elements; starting with untimed lapping sessions and then a series of timed lapping sessions and point-to-point competitions. The layout for each element will change, so you will get to drive on all parts of NCM and never get bored. Drivers will only need minimal experience and anyone who enters the event without a competition license can earn a TT Novice Permit along the way

In preparation for the event, a fresh rule set is being crafted. The classes are for production and production-based cars and range from mild (Sport Classes) to wild classes with lots of room for creativity and development. The goal is to create opportunities that welcome and encourage people to build the car they are passionate about. Not every car is going to be competitive in every class and that is the point. Time Trials is more about your personal journey and the development of the performance than it is about class wins and trophies.

That said, the rules makers want to learn about potential participants and further develop the Time Trials Nationals Rules to suit the Track Night community. To help, complete this short survey and offer your feedback on the program.

https://www.tracknightinamerica.com/surveys/tt-nationals-rules-feedback-2/form_submissions/new

Oh, and- if you can’t wait to September to get a taste of the new format, Click Here to learn about the two upcoming TT Nationals Primer events, April 21 and 22 at Gingerman Raceway in Michigan and May 26 and 27 at Carolina Motorsports Park.

Looking Forward,

Heyward Wagner
Director of Marketing and Experiential Programs
SCCA.com

See less See more
#2 ·
This would be really interesting, if they held one west of the Mississippi...

#4 ·
old topic.
I am so very glad I went. I know I'll be a "repeat customer"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.