Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I installed my full steeda suspension, struts shocks, springs, etc everything. Paid them 129 for alignment. Told me it was great, and rear was out of spec a little but don’t worry. It’s fine, car drove not straight since then. I finally found a good shop, team beefcake has a perf shop called finish line.

they fixed the alignment,drove 6k miles like this so hopefully tires didn’t really suffer. I noticed they sold bg synchro shift II, I’ve been wondering about new fluid.

I have Barton hybrid short throw shifter. So it was already better than stock. Just wanted to finish it.

I think it feels smoother yet again. Top of paper was Midas, before and after bottom was beefcake

how bad was it?

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
When I installed my full steeda suspension, struts shocks, springs, etc everything. Paid them 129 for alignment. Told me it was great, and rear was out of spec a little but don’t worry. It’s fine, car drove not straight since then. I finally found a good shop, team beefcake has a perf shop called finish line.

they fixed the alignment,drove 6k miles like this so hopefully tires didn’t really suffer. I noticed they sold bg synchro shift II, I’ve been wondering about new fluid.

I have Barton hybrid short throw shifter. So it was already better than stock. Just wanted to finish it.

I think it feels smoother yet again. Top of paper was Midas, before and after bottom was beefcake

how bad was it? View attachment 37528 View attachment 37529 View attachment 37530
Most lube shops won't do an alignment if you've got a lowered car. It certainly looks like Teem Beefcake got your alignment dialed in pretty good. As long as you didn't drive for months on a misaligned car you should still be fine.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did drive for a couple months. Lmao. But it’s whatever, they fixed it. Midas just wanted money, got me I was a sucker. Not again.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The shop was great, they put in the bg syncro fluid for 30 bucks, saved me the hassle of ordering it and installing it up on lift etc. the fee was reasonable since they had it off the lift and put back on lift because I wasn’t aware they had it.

It was already pretty smooth due to hybrid shifter but I thinks it got even smoother

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I did drive for a couple months. Lmao. But it’s whatever, they fixed it. Midas just wanted money, got me I was a sucker. Not again.
I had a Honda dealer that wanted to do an induction cleaning service on my Boosted Hybrid. I respectfully said no thanks. My speed shop has always been adding a tiny amount of negative camber on both cars. Truthfully the alignment that Midas did wasn't horrible but Beefcake did make it better.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Midas wouldn't even give me the print out, claiming printer wasn't working, and it was off the rack so wasn't saved. just all sketchy. had zero confidence leaving there

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
I'll never take my car to a 'generic' garage for an alignment again. Had a similar experience with a "Tire Kindgom" and it killed my tires. To be sure, at the garage that I've gone to put in my catback, and a few other mods, the dude there told me he started as a mechanic at one of those type places, and just after a few weeks on the job, they put him to do the alignments, even though he felt he had no idea what he was doing. It didn't really matter to management apparently. Ever since then, I advise for anyone to google "professional alignment" in their area, and go to somebody who specializes in them. Found a small garage and proprietor called Apex Alignment in my area....and OMG, it was night and day. I paid $120, last October, right after I put in some new Yokohamas, and the tires STILL look brand new.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Midas has been sketchy for decades. "If your Midas muffler ever fails, we'll replace it FREE." Yeah, since you charge three times a fair price, you can afford a few "freebies".

Reactions: gatornek

·
Super Moderator
3,212 Posts
That looks like Midas didn't even touch the rear. I'm betting they've not paid for the update to their alignment software and are aligning it like a sold axle mustang with no adjustment in the rear. The rear toe and thrust angle were your issues...

For alignments I have a couple of shops that I specifically take the car to that will take my alignment specs and just set it to what I want, instead of "factory spec" and are well aware that IRS cars have rear adjustment.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts