1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys
Happy New Year to you all
Just started a new upgrade. Going from cloth seats to leather
Got a good deal on some Katzkin leather seats covers and I am in the process of removing the cloth covers and installing the leather. I am done with the rear seats so far. Hope to have the front seats soon and then the door panels.
Here's how it looks so far
I'll update it when it's done.
Also gathering the parts needed to add the heated steering wheel.

·
Registered
776 Posts
That looks nice. It’s nice to have a different colour other than the usual grey or black. I would have liked the saddle interior for my car but it wasn’t available with the premium trim.

·
Premium Member
2,414 Posts
Nice job... Though I recommend you use a steamer and hairdryer to remove the wrinkles and creases for a factory finish. :)

Reactions: oldnuff

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks guys. I will post when I do the rest. It's just too cold in the NE. Plan to go over with a heat gun to when it's done to relax the creases.
I personally don't mind the creases, give it some character, lol. The head rest were the hardest so far in my opinion.
I found this video on how to do the door panels.

Not sure if I will tackle this part or take it to an upholstery shop.
I was quoted $800 to do the entire car and after looking at videos from LMR and CJPonyparts I decided to give it a try

I got them here Katzkin Ford Mustang Black & Pacific GT V6 Coupe Leather Seat Covers 2015-2021 | eBay
They had it listed for $629 and I got it for $516 and it came out to $587 with taxes and shipping so not a bad deal

·
Super Moderator
3,299 Posts
I like my Katzkins, but I paid to have it installed.

Reactions: blade007 and DRU842

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That looks nice. The back seats and front seat bottoms were easy. The upper front seats and head rest were hard.
I just finished the seats. Have to install the front passenger seat and I'll take a picture. Just the door panels to do. Not sure yet if I'll tackle that part or pay to get it done. Not having a garage in the middle of winter and wanting to do mods is bad :)

·
Premium Member
2,414 Posts
That came up well!
I think the yellow edge piping really sets it off nicely!

Reactions: blade007
1 - 13 of 13 Posts