Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

What has your dealership service center experience been? I am just curious because I had to bring in my car to address a rust issue. Now, first let me say that everyone I have dealt with has been very polite, however the speed of service has been way too slow. In my first year I went for my "free" oil change for the first year and I took their speedy lube or whatever they call it and by the time all was said and done it was over 2 hours. I once went in on a Saturday for oil and inspection 1.5 hours I left the dealership because no techs had reported to work yet. Now I change my own oil because 20 minutes to 20 minutes back and waiting 1.5-2 hours I could have done the oil change myself and go on to tend to plenty of other things. So just curious is this normal for you? Since they had to open up the car and take a few more pictures to see if Ford will honor the rust issue they gave me a loaner (a plus), but again, I had a 7:00 am appt., I got there at 6:50, someone took my car at about 7:30 and I didn't see a rep till about 8:00 I left the repair shop by 8:30 this seems way too long for a 7:00 appt and filing out paper work for a loaner.

Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Took almost a week to have faulty fuel press and oil sensor replaced under warranty. As a bonus the nimrod tech curbed my PP wheel. No worries though, the repair/refinish looks like it was done in a sand storm. Free of charge. First visit too!
I REALY HATE dealer service.

·
Super Moderator
3,146 Posts
Ford dealer service is really lacking these days. I have seen a few good stories about dealers actually taking care of owners, but they're few and far between.

Reactions: LostSAAB

·
Registered
57 Posts
I’ll be sampling a Ford service center in Lockhart, TX next Friday. It’s where I bought the Mustang last month they are 98 years old.
its been a long time since I have used a dealer service center so I hope it goes well. My father was a service manager for many years for Chevrolet in the same small town and when I rarely had a serious problem they did a great job. The buying experience at the Ford shop was the best I have had.
I’m really liking the Mustang, it’s going in for a headliner replacement ( it comes out of the weather stripping above the drivers door, they say it’s to narrow) and on the display in gauge mode the oil pressure says normal with the engine not running.
I’ll let y’all know how it goes.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well here we go. I am feeling more body roll than I remember for this car. I have a 2018 PP. I had a rust issue on my front crash bar and Ford took care of it. I asked if they could also check the suspension since I am down to my last 2K on the warranty. They told me they will only perform their general visual inspection, but if I want a tech to diagnose it, I would have to pay the hourly labor rate of $195.00. I never experienced this before and prior to this for the most part I had been taking my cars to the dealers for maintenance and if I had a question about the car they would look into it.
I also had the wheels aligned at a local shop and the tech said he didn't see anything when it was on the lift or on the test run. I'm pretty sure its the front shocks, but to pay $200 dollars for some one to look at it and say yes or that they are within spec or because I put a Steeda G-Trac my shocks are toast and they won't cover it or some other malarky I would rather just buy new shocks. I really don't want to shell out right now for the shocks but $200.00 to look at it is also pretty steep. I installed new tires thinking that my last set that may have had another 3-5K left on them were loosing grip and felt a little funny when now I am thinking it may have been my suspension that was feeling funny. There are no leaks on the shocks. I just don't like the feel of the car now when I change lanes at speed. I can still take turns on off ramps relatively quick, but it just does not feel right. Well that is for another post.

Let me know what you think. Should I go to the dealer or just save up for shocks?

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Over the past 50 years of new car ownership it has always been my goal to never bring the car back to the dealership. For the most part i have been very successful with that approach.

That being said, last i had an intermittent issue where the window drop when opening the door would happen while driving the car. Since i was near the end of the bumper to bumper warranty and i didn't want to tear into the door i brought it in. The found the issue fixed it and gave me a complete explanation of what happened. Needless to say i was pleasantly surprised and delighted.

Dave

·
Registered
57 Posts
LostSAAB, sorry to hear about your problem. Your handling/shock issue could definitely be a problem under warranty. The service manager has to be convinced that something is not right. If you have them drive it they won’t feel the difference that you are experiencing, so that can be a problem. Good luck to you and let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
57 Posts
To follow up my post #4 the headliner was replaced and couldn’t tell they were in the car great job !
As for the oil pressure indication, when the service manager and I powered up the car of course it showed low with the engine not running : )
so my first Ford dealer service center in about 15 years went good, fingers crossed future visits will too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts