Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all,
I recently bought a manual 2015 Ecoboost with 42k miles which is the first manual car I've ever owned. Ever since I bought the car, the shifter shakes on startup in or out of gear. It doesn't seem to be as bad when starting in neutral, but it still shakes. Is this something to be concerned about?

Link to me starting the car in neutral, then in gear:

Link to a review I found this morning where the same thing happens to a 2015 test car (1:35 in the video):

·
Registered
151 Posts
I wouldn’t sweat it. The factory shifter is pretty sloppy and that amount of travel is pretty common on the stock setup. If it bothers you enough, you could easily resolve it by upgrading your shifter mount bracket. Boomba makes a quality piece, you can pick it up here.

I think Barton makes one too.

If you like to bang the gears, the bracket will also help quite a bit with deflection and gear lock outs.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hey all,
I recently bought a manual 2015 Ecoboost with 42k miles which is the first manual car I've ever owned. Ever since I bought the car, the shifter shakes on startup in or out of gear. It doesn't seem to be as bad when starting in neutral, but it still shakes. Is this something to be concerned about?

Link to me starting the car in neutral, then in gear:

Link to a review I found this morning where the same thing happens to a 2015 test car (1:35 in the video):
Hello
I bought my eco brand new 2019, it did it then and it does it now with 19k miles. For some reason the manual eco hates the cold. As it warms up it gets better,(not much) also you get a lot of noise deflection from the manual drive trane. You will notice it mostly when your pulling in and out of your garage or in stop and go traffic going through a drive through the noise will bounce off the building. Nothing drastic, but you will notice it, if your window is down.

·
Super Moderator
3,430 Posts
Looks pretty normal for a Manual Rear Wheel Drive car.

·
Registered
638 Posts
As previously stated, the oem shifter bushings are sloppy from the factory and can cause shaking and enough deflection under acceleration to prevent shifting easily into 3rd gear especially. There are aftermarket fixes that address the issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts