Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been doing some math and it seems that I can build my existing 2.3 short block for about $2700...
But, what if I sold my existing short block (2018 5500 mile) and then took the money from the sale, plus the $2700 and purchased a 2.0 built short block? How much do you think I will need to get for my existing short block??

·
Registered
12 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I'll check those sites out!!
No idea what a short block is worth...with only 5500 miles?? I did see a long block on eBay for $2250. But I don't think I have the budget to cover the cost of a built long block!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Something to keep in mind every place I contacted had a decent 3-6 month wait for a new block. Ended up going with TunePlus back in March and he was just able to ship it. I wouldn't get a new head just a set of the Ford Performance cams that seems to be the only worthwhile upgrade from my research.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Something to keep in mind every place I contacted had a decent 3-6 month wait for a new block. Ended up going with TunePlus back in March and he was just able to ship it. I wouldn't get a new head just a set of the Ford Performance cams that seems to be the only worthwhile upgrade from my research.
Good point! I want to head to Florida for testing and the Spring Shootout in February... That would be a tight deadline!!

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I can say from experience... I blew my engine last November and went with a built longblock from Engineered Motorsport Solutions. It is now August and I'm still waiting on my longblock. Blocks, Heads and Cranks have been on a massive backorder from Ford. Last I heard from Jessie at EMS my block is nearing completion and should be ready soon. Total for my longblock is going to be close to $7200 with mostly new parts.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is a long wait!! I was thinking you already had yours, hope you get it soon!
I was thinking of adding sleeves to my block and reusing the crank and head (I just don't like pulling a good low mileage motor apart).

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
That is a long wait!! I was thinking you already had yours, hope you get it soon!
I was thinking of adding sleeves to my block and reusing the crank and head (I just don't like pulling a good low mileage motor apart).
The long wait was also partially due to a backorder on Boostline rods. My build is going to be in the low 500 HP range so Callie's H beams will work just fine. As long as my car is out back together before the cold weather sets in I'll be happy.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the help!!

I have a question on which (bone yard) 2.0 block/motor to purchase... I read where the Ford Fusion 2.0 motor is listed as belonging to the "Madza L" family till 2014 and the 2015 to 2020 motor is listed as belonging to the same motor family as the 2.3, yet they are all listed as ecoboost??
Any suggestions as to how to find the correct donor motor and in which vehicle it can be found???
Also, what modifications are needed to fit an east/west motor in our north/south Mustangs?

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The long wait was also partially due to a backorder on Boostline rods. My build is going to be in the low 500 HP range so Callie's H beams will work just fine. As long as my car is out back together before the cold weather sets in I'll be happy.
Which engine block does Jessie at EMS use to build his motors?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts