If you’re driving it, you should notice more pep by now

you have to use91-93 octane. 93 is recommended
Never use 87 or Itl go boom

·
Premium Member
2018 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Premium
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I have made a few short drives but yeah there’s definitely some pep in it now. I always run 93 to boot

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
952 Posts
Although my experience is not with a FP tune. I Have to say that both Cobb canned 1 and 2 tunes were a bit meh for me if I'm honest. Dont get me wrong it was a deffo improvement over stock but I was expecting more. It wasn't until I got a custom tune it really come alive. It's literally a different car.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Oh yeah finally hit -1.00 yesterday. You weren't kidding, literally a different car. Super smooth, and I feel like stop and go driving I'm barely touching the gas to get it moving anywhere up to 40 mph. Taking a short trip next weekend (about 180 mi round trip) and going to take the opportunity to open it up a little on some of the less used backroads and highways. Haven't tried sport + , track or drag modes yet either.. hoping the shifts in those modes are much smoother.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Oh yeah finally hit -1.00 yesterday. You weren't kidding, literally a different car. Super smooth, and I feel like stop and go driving I'm barely touching the gas to get it moving anywhere up to 40 mph. Taking a short trip next weekend (about 180 mi round trip) and going to take the opportunity to open it up a little on some of the less used backroads and highways. Haven't tried sport + , track or drag modes yet either.. hoping the shifts in those modes are much smoother.
If you really want to feel the power put it in drag mode then hold the brake and traction control off switch together until it says advance tract off. It will then apply all your torque. Traction control and especially advance traction will limit you..

Just be careful if you start doing a burn out over hills or in curves the computer may think you are losing control automatically override and turn traction back on and start steering you through power distribution in away you weren't prepared for causing you to potentially oversteer/understeer. As far as i know there is no way to keep it off.

Flat ground isn't a problem. I can be rolling at 25+ with my FP tune in drag and adv tract off and roast 2nd in my mt82 with the stock p zeros.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
I guess I’m wimpy. I don’t turn tC off. I only use sport +, I don’t touch track. I don’t want spinning wheels, wears tires out and that is YouTube material

·
Registered
421 Posts
I guess I’m wimpy. I don’t turn tC off. I only use sport +, I don’t touch track. I don’t want spinning wheels, wears tires out and that is YouTube material
Track turns off basic TC. But TC is still on and you still are not applying full power to the wheels unless you kill Advanced Track. So you are still good in Track mode. Normal TC off in track mode allows more drifting but doesn't stop power distribution being controlled by the computer to the wheels thus killing power when it detects a wheel spin.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
the tune part, is different than automatic transmission learning. the tune has its own tables, but it still has to be driven a long while for all the shifting to become smooth. (im a manual) but this is how I understand it. moire you drive, the more it will also adapt to your driving style.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
So finally feel like the tune is "learned" and after a good road trip today the car feels strong. I did however get a single knock count in CYL 4, running 93 Octane. Gonna keep an eye on it, but with new plugs I'm not sure that should have happened.. wasn't doing any crazy pulls just normal highway driving in Normal mode. Not sure what happened there. Will have to check and see if any codes were thrown later today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
421 Posts
So finally feel like the tune is "learned" and after a good road trip today the car feels strong. I did however get a single knock count in CYL 4, running 93 Octane. Gonna keep an eye on it, but with new plugs I'm not sure that should have happened.. wasn't doing any crazy pulls just normal highway driving in Normal mode. Not sure what happened there. Will have to check and see if any codes were thrown later today.

You are going to have knock counts. Its the nature of the car. Now a high knock count or high knock level that is a different story. Here is a good read on the subject.

Are you monitoring OAR? OAR affects knock and vise versa thus power potential. Even running 93oct may not be enough alone to ensure optimum performance as one stations 93 may not be as good as another. Case in point and odd at that is i maintain a OAR of -1 running Murphy USA walmart 93oct. If i start running any local Kangaroo BP 93oct my OAR will drop varying amounts between 3-6 points so i will normally only use walmart unless in a pinch.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 · (Edited)
Yeah I do, I monitor OAR (running at a solid -1.00 ) the knock count in all 4 cyl, IAT and Charge air temp.

Im running OBD Fusion, so if there are additional PID's i should be monitoring, any suggestions are appreciated.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
So I'm pleased to say that using forscan and the OBD cable connector allows you to reset KAM and thus clear knock counts etc! In Service select "reset adaptive learning" and follow the instructions. Worked like a dream and now it's just a matter of letting it relearn. View attachment 38475

So I've been looking around the forum on the KAM reset. I'd rather not shell out another $100 for the Autophix. Did find this post by you indicating that it was the "Reset All Adaptations" function in Forscan. I just want to be sure of what I'm doing before I do it, because I did go down this rabbit hole on forscan before, and decided against proceeding without solid info as to what to do.
See here:
2020 Eco HPP, OAR too low & 1 knock shows on cylinder 2

My thing is that I"m looking to reset my fuel trims. Pretty sure resetting KAM will do that, no? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Yeah thats what I did to reset KAM. Im not super sure if it will reset fuel trims , I havent actually looked at them to be sure, but I know it resets knock count and OAR

Reactions: gatornek

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Yeah thats what I did to reset KAM. Im not super sure if it will reset fuel trims , I havent actually looked at them to be sure, but I know it resets knock count and OAR
How long did it take you car to relearn OAR?

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
IIRC 2 days , but I dont drive long distances as I am a work from home worker. I filled up on 93, reset OAR and drive as much as i could and it reset pretty quickly.

Reactions: Nater Potater

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
IIRC 2 days , but I dont drive long distances as I am a work from home worker. I filled up on 93, reset OAR and drive as much as i could and it reset pretty quickly.
@Spectre71 for the win. It reset my trims, OAR, and judging by a few weird shifts that my A6 made, I imagine the transmission tables also. Thank you!

OAR was relearned probably over 30-40 miles.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Nice! Glad I could help! Next time you are up Tampa way, HMU. would love to see that beast.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts