Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18PP 10R80
265 Posts
my '18 has the slit in the same spot. i haven't noticed anything concerning water/dampness in 2 years .. the water that collects under the plastic door sill scuff plate does

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks was hoping there was not a problem....Enjoying the ride!
my '18 has the slit in the same spot. i haven't noticed anything concerning water/dampness in 2 years .. the water that collects under the plastic door sill scuff plate does
Thanks was hoping that was the case. Appreciate your reply and enjoy your ride!

·
Registered
18PP 10R80
265 Posts
Confession. my brain went right to the cut in the outer strip. i didn't see that inner strip bw windows...so...just checked..No my weatherstrips look clean and flush and tight. Your passenger side looks like it would concern me..whats going on there?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Confession. my brain went right to the cut in the outer strip. i didn't see that inner strip bw windows...so...just checked..No my weatherstrips look clean and flush and tight. Your passenger side looks like it would concern me..whats going on there?
Thanks for getting back........Short of any other comments here, will do search to see if there have been any comments on internet as well as check National Transportation site........I was really hoping it was a normal condition, but felt it didn't look right!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for getting back........Short of any other comments here, will do search to see if there have been any comments on internet as well as check National Transportation site........I was really hoping it was a normal condition, but felt it didn't look right!
Noticed today on my 2018 with side windows up the weatherstripping appears to gap towards the top back of window. See the photos that I've attached. Is this normal ?

Thanks in advance for comments.
Finally got to a dealership to look at weatherstripping. They have ordered new watherstripping for both sides and will call once received. Told job should take 1 to 2 hrs to remove and install new.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Finally got to a dealership to look at weatherstripping. They have ordered new watherstripping for both sides and will call once received. Told job should take 1 to 2 hrs to remove and install new.
Dealership installed new weatherstripping on both sides but not to my satisfaction. Strips were not flush to the body so vehicle going in again on Monday ( 4/12). At first dealer said they were fine, then I said lets take a look at two of those newer mustangs on the lot. Sure enough, both mustangs exhibited better fit than mine. So they get one more bite of the apple.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts