Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Dryer than the Sahara Desert

Votes: 1 50.0%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Eco-Boost is a 2015 Performance premium package with all the bells and whistles along with a leaky convertible top that as of recently has been letting water in like the plague. So I just wanted to add I have had this car since 2015 brand new and babied like she's going out of style. I have parked her outside in the elements and yes I enjoy dropping the top mostly when I take her out for a spin which is not often enough. I was always proud of how well she handled during those 6 years outside in the rain, the snow and even in the ice covered mountains of Maine for a few months. Recently I have been hunting down the leak unsure where its coming from since well I haven't done a thing or removed a thing or added a thing or anything. I will keep you all posted. We are expecting a heavy rain storm this week so I plan on sitting in the ole girl and figuring this thing out to bring it back to the team. This has been my second time since writing that I had to mop the inside of the car to get the water out. FORD YOU GOT SOME EXPLAINING TO DO.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Holy cow I guess the old adage if you ask you shall receive has become my saving grace every time the mustang has a failure I need to address. So I found this guy and went ahead with using the Vaseline since I have already had several leaks twice already but for 6 years I never conditioned the thing a day other than wiping and keeping it clean but never focused on cleaning it as this video shows. I will let you know if the Mustang is air tight once the first few rain storms come down this is going to be interesting issue to solve and my first time trying to solve the problem. OH and LOL I just reread this and if not for Mustang at the end I would think this was an ad for a bidet. Hope this helps team Mustang out.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Holy cow I guess the old adage if you ask you shall receive has become my saving grace every time the mustang has a failure I need to address. So I found this guy and went ahead with using the Vaseline since I have already had several leaks twice already but for 6 years I never conditioned the thing a day other than wiping and keeping it clean but never focused on cleaning it as this video shows. I will let you know if the Mustang is air tight once the first few rain storms come down this is going to be interesting issue to solve and my first time trying to solve the problem. OH and LOL I just reread this and if not for Mustang at the end I would think this was an ad for a bidet. Hope this helps team Mustang out.

So the rain has been coming down I have not yet checked my Mustang and want to give her one more day then if she is dry I have a Hoover Dash that can suck up the water that is still in the rug. I just want to make certain that the treatment of Vaseline is enough to get through this rain storm we are in this week. I am still waiting on the Sticky treatment I ordered from eBay that should cure the rubber on both my cars so I can have that dry smell back. I hate that my car is starting to smell wet when I get in that just aint cool I am glad I have not gotten any mold yet so I am not terribly angry at the moment.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I have been lucky, in that my car is garaged, and when at the office is out far away from any trees, and I think that a lot of the problems stem (no pun intended) from debris collecting at the drains, as well as the failed stickers at the holes in the A pillars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts