Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

What's your odometer reading?

61 - 80 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
I have your trim 2015 Eco-Boost with 19K miles. What was your Mileage when you experienced the knocking. I also have a convertible I do the oil changed blended motorcraft once a year since I only put on about 5K or less per year. Motorcraft Oil filter as well. I have used low octane gas when I drive up to Maine the station doesn't have any other fuel type. When I am in the city I run high octane. I haven't experienced any engine knocking and she is parked outside in the cold winters of NYC never garaged kept. I wonder what caused your engine to knock I am interested in hearing your resolve.
No knocking. I was saying that I was trying to get a part before warranty ran out. My cR has 45k on it and runs great

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
285 Posts
I've just passed 68k on mine.

·
Registered
773 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Oh....lol....I have nearly 45k and the only problem I have had with it since day 1 is s 45 dollar fix (parts and labor) and the dealer refused to fix it. I no longer go to that dealer. Sad thing is, the service guys themselves are awesome, the underwriters are jerks. I moved anyways.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I have your trim 2015 Eco-Boost with 19K miles. What was your Mileage when you experienced the knocking. I also have a convertible I do the oil changed blended motorcraft once a year since I only put on about 5K or less per year. Motorcraft Oil filter as well. I have used low octane gas when I drive up to Maine the station doesn't have any other fuel type. When I am in the city I run high octane. I haven't experienced any engine knocking and she is parked outside in the cold winters of NYC never garaged kept. I wonder what caused your engine to knock I am interested in hearing your resolve.
The reason I responded the way I did was the second sentence. He was also wondering the fix. Maybe i read it wrong. Lol

·
Registered
390 Posts
I think he means "knocking on 34k" the same way I'm "knocking on heaven's door"!
Nater.....exactly. Sorry with my wacked responses. I had a procedure yesterday and I am in a lot of pain and not thinking straight

Reactions: Nater Potater

·
Registered
99 Posts
No knocking. I was saying that I was trying to get a part before warranty ran out. My cR has 45k on it and runs great

Maddog,

That's great to hear you hit 45k no issue that will take me about 5 years to reach at the pace I drive her. Had a scare today the milling crew towed her to another parking spot. I thought they took her down to the impound. I was lucky it was DOT that towed her to another spot instead of NYPD I would have been out of money right now. Have fun.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Mojo,

Wow you must drive her everyday. How has the journey to 100K+ Did you have any issues with your EcoBoost along the way. Any major repairs or issues that arose?
The first engine gave up the #1 crank bearing at 46,601.1 miles it destroyed everything which Ford replaced with new parts. The front and rear brakes have needed to be done. And despite the color the body attracts being hit and has been.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
138K today. She was built in May 2014. View attachment 35063
That's awesome! That's pretty much what I'd like to get to. Im at 40K on my 2016 now. May I ask, how'd you accumulate such much mileage? Have you roadtripped her a lot? Or do you put a lot of miles in for work related stuff? Personally, I think the 2.3 Mustang is awesome for roadtripping. 400 mile trip radius to the tank is pretty darn good.

·
Registered
8 Posts
We do a lot of trips from Ohio. Been to LV, New Orleans, Atlanta several times, Chicago many times, upstate NY and the East coast. And I drive 70 miles daily for work. All fun miles.

·
Registered
773 Posts
82000 here, 60000 of that has been FBO and tuned.
You instill confidence in me to be able to tune without the dreaded ecoboom! btw, what is the FBO you refer to? I'm not too good with the TLA's.

Nathan

·
Read Only
282 Posts
You instill confidence in me to be able to tune without the dreaded ecoboom! btw, what is the FBO you refer to? I'm not too good with the TLA's.

Nathan
Full bolt on, I've done literally everything minus big turbo and full E85 fuel system. Mods are in my sig

61 - 80 of 106 Posts