Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just got my car back after 2 months shipping it from the US to Europe.

I am feeling like it does not pull.

while on parking i reved the engine to see the boost.

Does this look good to you?? because 10 vacuum at 4.5k rpm does not look good to me.

Thanks for ur help.

Under load WOT, in sport and second gear Following video:

·
Super Moderator
3,560 Posts
Put in the best gas you can find, air up the tires, close the hood and drive it before you report a problem. It needs to have a load to get boost.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You need to put a load on the engine to spin the turbo up to speed to get boost. You won't see boost free reving the engine in neutral or park.

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk
Thanks, I just hope that the car is okay, after 2 months in a boat.

·
Registered
703 Posts

Does this look good to you?? because 10 vacuum at 4.5k rpm does not look good to me.

Thanks for ur help.

View attachment 40491

Thanks for ur help.

View attachment 40491
Information about your car and any modifications are helpful in troubleshooting.
If you have a 2018+ with 10 speed automatic transmission, you can put your gear selector in "S" and paddle shift to 2nd gear, while foot braking your car, you should be able to get positive boost around 2500 rpm.
I'd also fill the fuel tank with the best fuel available, and do some normal driving for a minimum of 100 miles. Then top the tank off and get a little more aggressive with your driving for another 100 miles and then top your tank off again, and try a few pulls.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Information about your car and any modifications are helpful in troubleshooting.
If you have a 2018+ with 10 speed automatic transmission, you can put your gear selector in "S" and paddle shift to 2nd gear, while foot braking your car, you should be able to get positive boost around 2500 rpm.
I'd also fill the fuel tank with the best fuel available, and do some normal driving for a minimum of 100 miles. Then top the tank off and get a little more aggressive with your driving for another 100 miles and then top your tank off again, and try a few pulls.
I have a Mbrp cat back, CVFab race intercooler, catchcan, and No Tune.

This is the video you asked me S 2nd gear.

Might it be a opened wastegate ?

Positive boost starts at 3.7-4K rpm, the car is not responsive at all. it feels super lazy.

·
Registered
104 Posts
maybe a loose, or disconnected IC pipe?

Reactions: Coyote Chaser
1 - 9 of 9 Posts