Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I chose to order the Spare tire. If you don't all you get is a can of fix a flat and an electric compressor which will do you no good if you blow a tire or bend a wheel at an in-oportune time. I'm still waiting for my car, and I hope a jack is included with the spare.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Found this from another forum. I think it would be what you'd need if you intend to purchase one yourself.
2.3-liter EcoBoost I4
[Standard]: 17 x 7.5-in. 235/55R H A/S Eagle F1 Asymmetric All-Season
[641]: 18 x 8.0-in. 235/50R W A/S ?????
[648]: 19 x 8.5-in. 255/40ZR19 96W Pirelli P Zero Nero all-season
[649]: 20 x 9.0-in. 265/35ZR20 99Y XL Pirelli P ZERO
[67E]: 19 x 9.0-in. 255/40ZR19 96Y Pirelli P ZERO

·
Registered
137 Posts
Ford has a Spare tire kit. I ordered mine on the day I bought the car. The kit includes the spare tire, mounted and balanced on an aluminum wheel, with the jack, lug wrench and all the necessary hardware to install it in the car. I paid $255. for it. The dealer listed it at $280, I believe. In any event the kit is complete and ready to go. The Ford Part #: FR3Z-1K007-C. Hope this is helpful.

Here is a photo:

Attachments

Reactions: Punchy

·
Super Moderator
1,557 Posts
Yeah and it's on back order like crazy. there a person on ebay selling the kit for 230 but good luck getting it.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Tb8983: "Yeah and it's on back order like crazy. there a person on ebay selling the kit for 230 but good luck getting it."

I was very lucky then. I ordered mine on 28 Nov and had it the next week, About five business days. I have also noticed some dealers, out here, are ordering the cars with the spare option, from the factory. This might account for the back orders, if some dealers, in rural areas, have decided people are being put off by not having a spare. I would "assume" Ford is putting them on the line before filling orders from parts departments.

·
Registered
77 Posts
What is everyone doing for a spare? Nothing, Ford spare kit, Aftermarket?

Thanks
Ordered mine with the optional spare from Ford. Doing the math it pays for itself with one flat vs. the ford inflater kit. Remember if you use the kit you must replace, not repair the tire. Their also a chance you will have to replace the air pressure sensor module.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Even thou I have 19" rims I ordered the 18" spare kit. They let me have it for 15% over cost during first 30 days of car purchase $205 + tax. If I have a flat I can't plug on the front I will us it on a temp basis...if flat on rear I will place good front tire to rear and substitute the spare to the front so gearing in rear stays functional..until new tire is purchased. The cost of a 19" spare is cost prohibitive as well as not fitting wheel well in trunk...

·
Super Moderator
1,557 Posts
I have a good friend( sales manager at the local dealership) and it cost me 169.99 for my spare tire setup. I just wish it would get here. Not to worried about it, the road trips won't start for another month

·
Super Moderator
6,092 Posts
I read somewhere (and this might by my answer) to find an inexpensive & narrow 18" rim and put a cheap tire on it for a spare.

Once I figure out what clears the brakes, this might be the answer.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I read somewhere (and this might by my answer) to find an inexpensive & narrow 18" rim and put a cheap tire on it for a spare.

Once I figure out what clears the brakes, this might be the answer.
No offense to anyone but you should have ordered it when you ordered the car. Mine cost $195 including the jack and tools. That cost is saved the first time you use the Ford inflator/sealer kit and have to buy a new tire.

·
Super Moderator
6,092 Posts
Spare was not offered on the Performance package.

Reactions: NickGoBlue

·
Super Moderator
1,557 Posts
Yeah wasn't a option on my car either and I don't have the pp. But I just got it ordered through ford so not worried about it

·
Registered
58 Posts
Really mad I got a flat and never noticed there was no spare stuck on side road for seven hours not to mention my tire just blew out and I take ford and they say look like u hit something when I didn't was extremely disappointed how ford handled like we pay a lot of money for there cars and they can't help I didn't hit nothing and my car four month old I don't know if it was just a bad tire or what but ford wanted nothing to do with it I love my car but there service is horriable

·
Registered
103 Posts
Really mad I got a flat and never noticed there was no spare stuck on side road for seven hours not to mention my tire just blew out and I take ford and they say look like u hit something when I didn't was extremely disappointed how ford handled like we pay a lot of money for there cars and they can't help I didn't hit nothing and my car four more this old I don't know if it was just a bad tire or what but ford wanted nothing to do with it I love my car but there service is horriable

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yeah bro, the premiums don't come with a spare. Did you buy the tire and wheel warranty?
I'm not sure I'm not home to look at my paper work I work in oilfield so.my car at home on a jack right now lol but damn dude I went through the worst service with them they didn't wanna explain nothing and I'll be first say I hit something and I didn't it just blew out Even the guy at ford was like I dunno I don't see no puncture u prolly hot something I was like wtf I jut told u i didn't I know I got the gap insurance but I dunno about tire

1 - 20 of 117 Posts