Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

61 - 80 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I totally agree with you man I think it was a horrible idea not given us a spare tire..least now you got good peace of mind knowing you're not stranded if you have a blowout..

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
And thank you for the heads up letting us know that it fits front back and in the trunk I definitely want to get one

·
Registered
275 Posts
So, I ordered the spare tire kit (FR3Z-1K007C) on the strength of our "thread-friend's" assurances that it will fit on an eco boost with performance package. Notwithstanding, I will try it, front and rear, when it arrives and, if I can figure out how, I'll post photos. There is WAY to much uncertainty over this simple question. Mine cost $158, shipped.
Can you please let me know where you got it from. I can't come come near that price. All $200 plus.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well I have to apologize for that - it was a typo. I paid $258, not $158. It was $205 plus shipping. On the positive side it got here in just a few days.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Well I have to apologize for that - it was a typo. I paid $258, not $158. It was $205 plus shipping. On the positive side it got here in just a few days.

No problem, I'm having a hard time forking over that kind of money for a spare. Especially for the price of these cars. Ford has gotta be kidding. My wifes fusion hybrid got a flat, so I get can out, well sidewall puncture. Sat around waiting for tow truck. Not fun. Just have to bite the bullet and get her done.

·
Super Moderator
6,315 Posts
Someone's going to wreck a Mustang with a spare ... they'll be available sometime, I'm sure.

·
Registered
35 Posts
It does seem like a lot. Of course it also includes the jack and in the end, it is what it is. I'm still puzzled why Ford not only doesn't doesn't supply it - I mean the well is there and everything! - they won't even PERMIT you to order one when you order a car with the Performance Package. I hate to presume I know more than Ford but if I get a flat I'm using it.

·
Super Moderator
6,315 Posts
may i ask why you think that, I'm curious.
There will be available ones at the junkyard.
That sounded like wreck because of the spare ... I meant wreck one with a spare in the trunk...so I can obtain it.

·
Super Moderator
1,559 Posts
Or just buy a new set of wheels and tires and throw one of the old ones in the trunk

·
Registered
423 Posts
I am watching my local craigslist for PP wheels and will put a full size in the trunk and buy an aftermarket jack kit. This is my first car without a spare and I can't seem to get over the fact that I don't have one even though I can't remember the last time I had to change a spare on the road. (I wok from home so my exposure to car problems is very low.) I may even just buy an extra tire and keep it in the trunk so if I do get a blowout at least the road side assistance guy can change it on the spot, do they have that capability?? My Santa Fe turbo with 19 inch wheels has a spare, my Genesis Coupe 3.8 GT with staggered wheels had a spare, My Audi A4 had a full size spare, and even my old Porsche 944 had one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I can understand your frustration, but tire failures are not Ford's problem. You should have a separate warranty booklet from the tire manufacturer. I am not sure what brand you have on the car, but you need to contact the tire store in your area that sells those tires. Normally, they would look at the tire failure and since it is new, most likely discount a new replacement tire based on tread wear on the failed tire, if it is a manufacturing defect.

You can also purchase a spare tire kit from Ford for about $255. (that's what I paid). The kit consists of the spare tire and wheel, a jack, lug wrench and all the hardware needed to install it in the trunk. The Ford Part #: FR3Z-1K007-C.

Hope this is helpful.
thats exactly what i did, it fits perfect in the trunk.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I can understand your frustration, but tire failures are not Ford's problem. You should have a separate warranty booklet from the tire manufacturer. I am not sure what brand you have on the car, but you need to contact the tire store in your area that sells those tires. Normally, they would look at the tire failure and since it is new, most likely discount a new replacement tire based on tread wear on the failed tire, if it is a manufacturing defect.

You can also purchase a spare tire kit from Ford for about $255. (that's what I paid). The kit consists of the spare tire and wheel, a jack, lug wrench and all the hardware needed to install it in the trunk. The Ford Part #: FR3Z-1K007-C.

Hope this is helpful.
Is this Kit for a 2018 ecoboost with 19 inch wheels?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Is this Kit for a 2018 ecoboost with 19 inch wheels?
I purchased my '15 in Nov 14 and ordered the Spare Tire kit the same day. It was $195. from my dealer. I traded the '15 on the '17 vert and took my spare tire kit and weather techs with me. Fits the '17 fine, and it has the 19's. I am continually surprised people are not aware cars are being delivered without spares. All manufacturers are doing this. Ford makes it an option, now, and the dealer can order the kit with the car.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Yes I have
I read somewhere (and this might by my answer) to find an inexpensive & narrow 18" rim and put a cheap tire on it for a spare.

Once I figure out what clears the brakes, this might be the answer.
I have been looking for a spare as well. The official ford spec for the space saver is 18inch steel rim with 5.5 inch tyre. The problem is that there is not another car out there which has the same dimensions in Hub and bolt sizes for a steel wheel. Sometimes I have found the correct PCD but never the 70.5 centre (although a larger one would be ok) or the M14 by 1.5 stud size. Someone said to me some Japanese cars will fit. I have not found one yet.

The only other alternative is buy a full size alloy but I dont want to do that, or stump up the money for the official ford part.

It seems ludicrous that I will have to pay £300 for a space saver rim and tyre when I can get any other Ford space saver for around £60

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
It's been 20 years or more since I have had a blow out that required a spare. Every other flat has been a nail that cause a leak in which case the can of goop in the trunk works just fine to get you to a garage for a proper repair.

Dave

·
Registered
449 Posts
I purchased my '15 in Nov 14 and ordered the Spare Tire kit the same day. It was $195. from my dealer. I traded the '15 on the '17 vert and took my spare tire kit and weather techs with me. Fits the '17 fine, and it has the 19's. I am continually surprised people are not aware cars are being delivered without spares. All manufacturers are doing this. Ford makes it an option, now, and the dealer can order the kit with the car.
I went ahead today at dealership and ordered that Spare Tire Kit FR3Z-1K007=C. When the kit arrives I will have dealership try it on the wheel. If no fit then get a credit for the purchase. I also went ahead and purchased the wheel lock nut kit. Total for all of this stuff was $321

61 - 80 of 118 Posts