Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the first time ever I have been putting thought into adding a wing/spoiler. I am currently “spoiler delete” and really liked the clean look, but a friend of mine has a hellcat with the track pack wing in flat black and it looks great. Anyway, all of you with wings can u post a pic of what you went with...?

·
Super Moderator
3,243 Posts
I went with a $150 carbon fiber spoiler from eBay. It's a no-drill installation using only 3M tape, but it's super light and not going anywhere.

·
Super Moderator
3,243 Posts

From the inside it's barely visible in the rear view mirror.

Reactions: iamsndybch

·
Super Moderator
6,156 Posts
Thinking of getting a new deck lid so's to go full-on track aero.

·
Super Moderator
3,243 Posts
Thinking of getting a new deck lid so's to go full-on track aero.

The Steeda wing is supposed to be sturdy and fully functional.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
For the first time ever I have been putting thought into adding a wing/spoiler. I am currently “spoiler delete” and really liked the clean look, but a friend of mine has a hellcat with the track pack wing in flat black and it looks great. Anyway, all of you with wings can u post a pic of what you went with...?
MMD by Foose... picked it up from a GT owner 40 min's away from where I live for $40.00.

Attachments

Reactions: ZStang

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I ordered a carbon fiber wing from China. Haven't seen it yet. Hopefully it will be painted and installed this summer.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Color matched MMD Foose on my 15. Mat black Icon on my 17. The Icon is held on with 3M tape and cost 1/3 the Foose.

Dave

·
Registered
76 Posts
So, here is my GT350R replica. Yes it's in your face AND rear mirror (haha) but I think it flows best and looks like it belongs there more so than the smaller ones that just sit on the trunk minding their own business. :p
It required drilling, which I didn't mind...had installed the California Special spoiler on my 2010 GT so I felt comfortable doing it and prefer it to just tape.
Only problem is the screws are all toward the rear, so there's no counter balance up front which means it wobbles above 45 mph...apparently all the GT350R replicas have this issue.
If you're going to buy online from China please be wary of crappy painted parts. Made that mistake on my old GT/CS spoiler where the clear coat was bubbling off in large chunks after just a year.
spoiler.jpg

spoiler 2.jpg

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I too am thinking of replacing that little thing they call a spoiler... I see MMD by Foose (comes painted) on the AM site.
I replaced the stock spoiler on my 05 Mustang GT with a pre-painted GT500 spoiler from AM. Color match is perfect and fitment is perfect.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I went with a $150 carbon fiber spoiler from eBay. It's a no-drill installation using only 3M tape, but it's super light and not going anywhere.

It looks great! I am undecided on my spoiler mod. Yours is the MMD style aftermarket carbon fiber, right? If you get a chance, can you send pics of the spoiler up close? I'd like to see what the carbon fiber looks like. My ecobeast is shadow black so not sure how the carbon fiber will look.

·
Super Moderator
3,243 Posts
It looks great! I am undecided on my spoiler mod. Yours is the MMD style aftermarket carbon fiber, right? If you get a chance, can you send pics of the spoiler up close? I'd like to see what the carbon fiber looks like. My ecobeast is shadow black so not sure how the carbon fiber will look.
Not sure how much good this will do. It's been raining...

Reactions: DRU842

·
Registered
859 Posts
Reactions: sganow
1 - 20 of 33 Posts