Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I shut the car off I get a squeal from the engine bay for a couple of seconds. I can not tell if it is from the turbo or fan. It really sounds like a belt slipping. It started when it got real cold outside Any of you had this issue? If so is it a wide spread problem?

I seem to remember a thread about some bolts that were lose from the factory on some cars. What was that?

·
Super Moderator
6,387 Posts
I've not had that issue. If I had to guess it would be a fan or bearing on the fan(s). Let your engine idle at low speed for 90 seconds or so before shutting it off and see if it duplicates. I am not thinking it'd be the turbo.

The only loose bolts I've read about were on the charge (outlet) piping for the turbo to the intake manifold. The bolts didn't like the pressure :)

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will monitor it. I need to have the hood open and really pin point where the sound is coming from.

·
Super Moderator
6,387 Posts
True that!

·
Registered
1 Posts
When I shut the car off I get a squeal from the engine bay for a couple of seconds. I can not tell if it is from the turbo or fan. It really sounds like a belt slipping. It started when it got real cold outside Any of you had this issue? If so is it a wide spread problem?

I seem to remember a thread about some bolts that were lose from the factory on some cars. What was that?
I know I'm reviving a 5 year old thread, but I can't find any other posts with this same issue.

Did you find out what it was? My 2016 is doing the same exact thing. Sounds like it comes from the turbo (or something very close to it). Have to open the hood, turn the car off, and run around to listen and see where it's coming from before it goes away lol.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I know I'm reviving a 5 year old thread, but I can't find any other posts with this same issue.

Did you find out what it was? My 2016 is doing the same exact thing. Sounds like it comes from the turbo (or something very close to it). Have to open the hood, turn the car off, and run around to listen and see where it's coming from before it goes away lol.
It’s one of the belts. Either the ac condenser belt, or the serpentine belt. I just installed a new belt onto my ac condenser, because I cut the old one off, when I was pulling my cylinder head off. Sometimes belts squeal for a second, then stop. When I installed my new one it squealed for a day, then went away. I haven’t the noise from your car, but if it’s a squeal that comes and goes, and goes away when you apply throttle, then it’s definitely one of the 2 belts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts