Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I recently tuned my eco and switched to 93 octane. The cars tuned from unleashed tuning for a 93 octane tune and was running perfect for about the first week after the tune recently I noticed that when starting the car I get a weird almost stuttering sound but then corrects itself after a few seconds then idles perfectly fine. A few day’s ago a check engine light popped up so I checked the code and I got a misfire on start, a random misfire and an actuator grille sensor codes. I’m not too concerned about the grille sensor as I’ve read it doesn’t make a huge difference and some people have actually deleted it from their cars (I could be wrong that it’s not a big issue feel free to say so). I know there’s a number of different things that can cause a misfire and was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience with their car or if anyone could give some advice. Fairly new to building a car and don’t feel like absolutely blowing the motor/car up yet.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Hey guys I recently tuned my eco and switched to 93 octane. The cars tuned from unleashed tuning for a 93 octane tune and was running perfect for about the first week after the tune recently I noticed that when starting the car I get a weird almost stuttering sound but then corrects itself after a few seconds then idles perfectly fine. A few day’s ago a check engine light popped up so I checked the code and I got a misfire on start, a random misfire and an actuator grille sensor codes. I’m not too concerned about the grille sensor as I’ve read it doesn’t make a huge difference and some people have actually deleted it from their cars (I could be wrong that it’s not a big issue feel free to say so). I know there’s a number of different things that can cause a misfire and was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience with their car or if anyone could give some advice. Fairly new to building a car and don’t feel like absolutely blowing the motor/car up yet.
I'd get in touch with unleashed about the misfire codes and see if they can review some datalogs. It could be as simple as bad gas or something more complex. Since they tuned you it would help to have them review some datalogs which can hopefully identify the root of the problem.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts