Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
I did an airaid intake with a steeda tune/sct bdx.

It was pretty mild compared to a custom Cobb tune, in my case they tuned the automatic trans to kick like a mule and it made me nervous about damage. I eventually sold the tuner and got a Cobb ap3. There are loads more tuners out there using Cobbs for our cars, but Pdtuning just recently started offering tunes for SCT devices and Ryan's the best, so you'd be covered. His SCT tunes are like twice as much as the Cobb tunes, though. I'd say just get a Cobb and do a custom tune with whatever intake you want.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
FWIW, i had a Steeda tune on my 15 Ecoboost Mustang. A few months latter i added a CAI and sent Steeda some data logs to review expecting to get a tune revision.
The response i got was the tune was optimal and didn't require any tune revision. He went on to say that a CAI on a 2.3 Ecoboost really didn't impact the how the engine runs until you had a lot more modifications than a tune and exhaust.
That pretty much agrees with the dyno plots i have seen between stock intake and aftermarket, no measurable power gain.

Dave

·
Registered
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible
20 Posts
I also found Cobb tunes outta the box to be good enough for me on my 15 vert. Livernois did not at the time have one for the mustang as I have my 15 F-150 3.5 V-6 with Livernois chipped and couple mods.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I tried SCT on my 15 Ecoboost Mustang the throttle response was to abrupt for my taste. I liked the throttle response of the Steed tune and later one from Unleashed. The power from the Steeda and SCT tunes were about the same with a best 0 to 60 of 5.5 seconds. The Unleashed tune after a couple of data logs and revisions i got to my best of 5.3 seconds. This is with an Ecoboost with 3.55 gears that required a shift to third.

Keep in mind SCT is always updating their canned tunes and the abruptness that i didn't like in 15 may have been addressed since then.

Dave

·
Registered
100 Posts
I've been told by both Ryan and a Ford senior master mechanic that a CAI can actually be detrimental to temps compared to the stock intake. I currently have a MAPerformance CAI and I'm probably going back to the stock one soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts