Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cvf street intercooler is arriving here soon and was wondering if I need new clamps or anything to prevent them from blowing or if I just clamp everything tight it'll be good?

· Premium Member
2,234 Posts
My cvf street intercooler is arriving here soon and was wondering if I need new clamps or anything to prevent them from blowing or if I just clamp everything tight it'll be good?
T-bolt clamps and a hot side charge pipe are a worthwhile purchase.

Reactions: kadenleo77

· Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Would it be a issue not having hot side pipe? Kinda worried don't want to run a ton of boost but around 24 psi I think is a good number. I get 22 psi right now going to install intercooler, catch can and upr check valve then plan to custom tune on a 93 unleashed tune with Torrie. Car is my daily, so don't wanna push it too far let me know on any advice, if you think that's too much boost or If I need any supporting mods down the road.

· Premium Member
2,234 Posts
Would it be a issue not having hot side pipe? Kinda worried don't want to run a ton of boost but around 24 psi I think is a good number. I get 22 psi right now going to install intercooler, catch can and upr check valve then plan to custom tune on a 93 unleashed tune with Torrie. Car is my daily, so don't wanna push it too far let me know on any advice, if you think that's too much boost or If I need any supporting mods down the road.
Boost, or pressure, is just a measurement of restriction. Don't get too hung up on big boost numbers.

· Registered
857 Posts
You are fine to not change out the OEM pipes at this point. It's just easier to do it all at the same time since you will have it all apart anyway. At least replacing the the clamps when you change the intercooler will give you piece of mind that a pipe won't blow off and create a boost leak.

· Registered
2016 ecoboost premium
275 Posts
I didn’t change the pipes or the clamps and mine have been fine. But I do plan on doing charge pipes before going on track. But that could end up not happening lol.

but I have a quick release front bumper so if I blow off a charge pipe I can have the bumper off and fix it in less than ten mins

· Registered
1,656 Posts
I would be cautious about going above 24 psi boost on a stock block if you want to prevent engine damage. I have the ford performance tune in my eco and stock it made 20 psi boost max, after installing the FP tune my max boost is now 24 psi max. I feel that ford knows what the safe upper limit for max boost is for our ecos before damage will rear its ugly head.

Just my 0.02 cents worth.

BD

· Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would be cautious about going above 24 psi boost on a stock block if you want to prevent engine damage. I have the ford performance tune in my eco and stock it made 20 psi boost max, after installing the FP tune my max boost is now 24 psi max. I feel that ford knows what the safe upper limit for max boost is for our ecos before damage will rear its ugly head.

Just my 0.02 cents worth.

BD
That's what I planned, never go above 24 psi on stock block.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts