Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had some spare time on my hands today so after purchasing some 3D carbon fiber vinyl the other day, I decided to wrap my rear spoiler. Because of the length of the vinyl compared to the spoiler, I had to do it in 2 sections, but hopefully I did a good enough job that you can't tell unless you're up close.

Reactions: PR78 and ossamanity

·
Registered
97 Posts
Had some spare time on my hands today so after purchasing some 3D carbon fiber vinyl the other day, I decided to wrap my rear spoiler. Because of the length of the vinyl compared to the spoiler, I had to do it in 2 sections, but hopefully I did a good enough job that you can't tell unless you're up close.
looks great. now i’m wondering should I do it too

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
looks great. now i’m wondering should I do it too
Thanks. Since this was only my third time vinyl wrapping something, it took me nearly 3 hours. I would strongly suggest you have a heat gun or blow dryer available, a window scraper or wedge, and a razor knife. For prep, I wiped down the spoiler with clean warm water using a cloth towel, then poured some isopropyl alcohol on a clean cloth and wiped it all down again to get rid of any grease or oil that might have been on it.

·
Banned
746 Posts
Very nice....I simply painted mine, with a fine texture...matte black to match the side skirts and splitter. I originally bought a GT350 track pack spo
IMG_0877.JPG
iler...Fitment was B.S.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Looks great!

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Out with the old, or in this case the original, and in with the new. I decided I wanted a more aggressive looking spoiler so I went with the MMD by Foose, pre-painted in gloss black.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
At the time of wrapping the stock spoiler I was too afraid to make an attempt at taking it off, so on it stayed. However, I'm clearly over that fear and have swapped the stock spoiler for the Gloss Back MMD.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts