Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this not a strut tower brace? I'm familiar with the typical ones that bow over the engine as I had one on my Focus but the installs I've seen of those on the Mustang have not shown this brace i have but 2 painted studs instead. Looking for clarification as no point in buying one if these do the same thing.
Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Car Automotive design

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

· Registered
1,656 Posts
That is what is called the upper K brace and there is also the strut tower brace that is shown above but there is also a cowl extension brace that ties the cowl to the wiper well to the K brace you have along with the strut tower brace.
They all work together to stiffen the chassis.

You need these part numbers for the cowl extension and 4 bolts to install it.

Cowl extension= FR3Z-63016A52-A

Bolts x 4= W717964-S450B.

Hood Automotive tire Air gun Automotive design Trigger

(3) PP Strut Tower Brace kit + Cowl Extension + Lower K Brace Install Guide | 2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, EcoBoost, GT350, GT500, Bullitt, Mach 1) - Mustang6G.com

BD

Reactions: gatornek

· Registered
3,298 Posts

· Registered
1,656 Posts
Is this not a strut tower brace? I'm familiar with the typical ones that bow over the engine as I had one on my Focus but the installs I've seen of those on the Mustang have not shown this brace i have but 2 painted studs instead. Looking for clarification as no point in buying one if these do the same thing. View attachment 44247

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
You may also already have the cowl extension brace on your car if you look under the wiper cover you can see it if it is there.

BD

1 - 7 of 7 Posts