Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2016 mustang ecoboost
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello fellow members. Totally new to the mustang 2016 ecoboost convertable. So far its been fun. but i am looking to make the suspension more to my liking. So far i had car aligned with front -2.0 camber L/R caster was in the 7 and toe i went with zero for now. Helped a bit but still a bit loose at speed. My next move is a set of Ford oem lowering springs or the Eibach progressive ones then the steeda x brace.
Am i moving toward the right way or.........
thx

·
Registered
2016 mustang ecoboost
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Good day , i am new aswel from Curacao. Looking to buy lowering springs. how do i know if my car has No magna ride/
thanks

·
Super Moderator
3,470 Posts
Good day , i am new aswel from Curacao. Looking to buy lowering springs. how do i know if my car has No magna ride/
thanks
Magnaride wasn't introduced for our cars until 2018, so your car does not have it. Lowering springs and the Steeda brace are great ways to improve the suspension.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
A small touch of toe in will help with stability. I can't remember the figure off hand though.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I got the Steed progressive lowering springs and Steeda front and rear sway bars and the car feels great. However, I live in mountainous territory and get to speed around corners and take advantage of the sway bars, so you might not need them. Overall I am very happy with Steedas price and quality.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Or Steeda ???????
I went with steeda linears because they were about the stiffest I could find, in the proper drop I wanted. They make good stuff. Honestly though, a lot of these springs are going to be fairly similar in ride and price. It's a lot of preference, really. I've shared the spring rate chart before from 6g. I'll see if I can find it for you quick.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts

·
Registered
2016 mustang ecoboost
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Still debating what aftermarket brand to with. The best would be shocks combined with springs but pay 3x the price due to my import duties. SO springs alone would be manage able then in future swaybars or T bar.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts