Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone!

I got my ecoboost about 2 weeks ago and I noticed it was on Version 1.0, I upgraded the software to Version 3.0, bought apple carplay module and nothing would pop up once I plugged in my IPhone. The system also looked like it was on Version 1.0 still and not on Version 3.0. On the information pages the system was stating that I was running Version 3.0. It was little suspicious and didn't look right to me.

If you recently tried upgrading from Version 1.0 to 3.0 and Voice recognition, GPS Voice Guidance, Apple Carplay doesn't work, that means you are still on Version 1.0.

OLD SYNC 3. This is Version 1.0. If yours says its on Version 3.0 and you have the same NAV Icon as below, you are still on Version 1.0

NEW SYNC 3 Version 3.0. You will notice the NAV icon. If you have non navigation head over to sittings and you will see carplay and android auto.

Solution:
We will need to downgrade to Version 2.2 before upgrading to Version 3.0. The only problem is, I only have the Navigation equipped vehicle software update for Version 2.2. If anyone has Version 2.2 for non NAV please comment in the comment section so I can revise this!

Use this update file to downgrade to Version 2.2 from Version 3.0. NAV ONLY
Google Drive - Virus scan warning - Google Drive has some kind of a Virus Scan. Don't worry its not a virus :)

After downgrading to Version 2.2, nothing should look different. You will notice that Apple Carplay works. Now we will need to upgrade to Version 3.0. Go ahead and go on the ford website and download the latest update for your car. Once transferred to usb drive, go ahead and update your Sync 3 again. This process will take about 30 or so minutes, don't turn off the car until it says so. After installation complete, power off the car, open the doors and then close the doors. This will let sync 3 turn off. Once done, wait about a minute and start the vehicle. You will notice lots of changes, Icons revised (Navigation Icon), If you go on the sittings you will have Android Auto + Apple Carplay. You've successfully unbricked your SYNC 3!

Conclusion:

Dealers should notice whats wrong, They are idiots and don't understand anything most of the time. I've tried telling them that its Still on Version 1.0, They would say nothing was revised while upgrading to Version 3.0. He looked at my gracenote and my Version and he said I was up to date, BUT I WAS NOT! Dealers are such goofballs.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Recommend that you go to CyanLabs.com and down loaded their SyncUpdater tool
You input what you have and where you want to go and the tool will download on the files in properly format a USB stick and put files on the stock ready for updating.

Ford will never allow Sync3 3.0 to go to a newer version because of hardware limitations. But with Cyanlabs you can go to the newest release 3.4.20282

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts