Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody. My passenger tail light is going out and I need to figure out how to fix it. I have searched multiple places but cannot find a replacement. I did see another forum that stated I would have to get a whole new tail light. Is this true? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,558 Posts
Yes, the individual LED lights are not user replaceable. The whole unit needs to be replaced.

·
Premium Member
2,558 Posts
Crap. Thank you for the info. Know where I can get some decently priced?
I see you are in Germany (I'm in Australia) , so not sure where the best place is in your country.
Are there any car wrecking yards near you, maybe you could find a used one?
Otherwise maybe eBay? Would be cheaper than from a dealer.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
I'll try Ebay
It doesn't matter where you go. It's expensive as all he11. It's amazing to me how we've moved as a society, away from a solution that was as simple as a $10 bulb, to now needing a $400 kit. Good luck. Let us know what you find. I'm sure this awaits all of us if we hold on to our Mustangs long enough.

·
Registered
901 Posts
I'm sure somewhere down the road when our cars are now "vintage" someone will come up with a conversion kit to replace the OEM, one that has replaceable LED strips or the like. The guy that still has working OEM tail lights will be the king of the show field. That, of course, assumes we are able to get fuel to drive to the show field or if we are reduced to towing the cars on a trailer behind our electric car/truck...for display only.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts