Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With Port Aransas/Mustang Island and the gulf coast of Texas pretty messed up after Hurricane "Harvey," I do believe that this year's MustangFest will be cancelled. Of course "Island Tom" hasn't put up anything regarding this as of yet, however I think the time may have opened up.

Anyone else thinking of attending this rather large gathering of Mustangs at "Ass-Monkey Garage?"

Take a look at the web page: TMI | Texas Mustang Invasion and let the discussion begin!

Saturday, October 7 at 7 AM - 4 PM

Gas Monkey Live
10110 Technology Blvd E, Dallas, Texas 75220

·
Registered
634 Posts
Hope you and all the other forum members from Texas (what like 90% of you guys) are well and faired better than expected with the storm. In spite of the storm however, I'm so jealous of you Texas guys. Seems like you have great car events all the time there! Keep posting the cool stuff Squid!

·
Super Moderator
6,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hope you and all the other forum members from Texas (what like 90% of you guys) are well and faired better than expected with the storm. In spite of the storm however, I'm so jealous of you Texas guys. Seems like you have great car events all the time there! Keep posting the cool stuff Squid!
You're welcome to join us in any of our endeavors. We'd love to have you out here!

·
Registered
634 Posts
I may need some cool down time after arriving! :)

·
Super Moderator
3,055 Posts
Texas Mustang Invasion looks interesting, but I'm not going. I'm not a fan of Ass Monkey, and I'm just not willing to give them money, even by association. I'm sure that's not what the organizers expect, but it's just a personal feeling. I'm sure I'll see plenty of photos from the event online.

·
Super Moderator
6,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not a fan of Ass Monkey, and I'm just not willing to give them money, even by association.
I may go, depending ... Not a fan of richard rawlings either, but the sure number of interesting Mustangs and I have friends coming in from as far north as Iowa for the event. Something to see, since I missed the Waco meet at LMR.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I'm in the same boat he opened up a place here and got to meet him, not a fan for more than he's just an ass. His neighbor is tied to him with his business (the other beer company) and even though he was opening up a new store where we own the market share he wouldn't even sit down to talk with us and let the competition have it all. Which he is paying the price for it now and still won't change how he's doing business figure he may make it a year at this pace.

·
Registered
95 Posts
C'mon down to Texas where we have 1600 Mustangs registered for "Texas Mustang Invasion" on the 7th of October. ;)
I think I will bring my brother to this, he is flying in that weekend, will have to see, son has a game that day as well so not sure. The car will still have the damage from the accident so won't be registering it.

·
Super Moderator
6,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am registered for this show / meet ... However I'm travelling with the North Texas Foxbody club and will be showing off my '93 'vert.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Going to try really hard to come to this. Miss my Mom's old Fox Body Cobra. IMO the best body design of them all, which is funny since my wife absolutely hates the Fox Bodies.

and Squid, she looks good.

·
Super Moderator
6,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
and Squid, she looks good
My wife loves the 1st gens and the new edge Mustangs (99-04). My wife puts up with my Fox habit, has threatened to start driving my 4cyl '90 coupe daily, but it's not got all the bells and whistles her Focus has, so he's safe for a while.

I'm hoping to see a good variety of Mustangs there, not just the last generation.

·
Super Moderator
6,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Them boys over Late Model Restoration bringing it for our registered attendees once again this year, you guys ROCK as partners and friends!

Online registration closes 9/30, preregister at www.texasmustanginvasion.com to save $5 from day of entry, see you all soon!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Totally going and it seems spur of the moment to say the least. I've had this thing for not even a week. My pops had an '89 convertible 5.0 that I wish he still had. Hope to see a good selection of foxbodies there.

·
Super Moderator
6,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Asked the head=dude=in=charge this morning:
Show is from 7-4 and we start parking at 6AM.

You know how those "show people" are ... the earlier you arrive the "better" your spot.
Our group hasn't set down any plans as yet, but I imagine we're going to roll early.

*** FINAL POST about preregistration - Online registration closes 9/30! ***

Preregister at www.texasmustanginvasion.com to save $5 from day of entry on 10/07, see you all soon!

Thank you,
Ted Pippin
Richard Arthur Luhring III

The map showing the entrance & registration

·
Registered
858 Posts
True, we do have a bunch of events here year round. Any given weekend you can choose an event to go to, since there are multiple choices. I have to choose from 2 cars, my Ecoboost Mustang or my 1988 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe.
20160708_131331 (2).jpg

·
Registered
858 Posts
Totally going and it seems spur of the moment to say the least. I've had this thing for not even a week. My pops had an '89 convertible 5.0 that I wish he still had. Hope to see a good selection of foxbodies there.
Can't bring my Fox body, It isn't a Mustang!

·
Registered
858 Posts
Hoping to see plenty of Ecoboosts at Texas Mustang Invasion. I like being different than the 5.0 crowd! lol

·
Registered
858 Posts
1 - 20 of 57 Posts