Discussion Starter #1
Next Regional Event
Sunday, October 8, 2017

Texas Motor Speedway, Fort Worth
Infield Road Course*
THERE ARE NO WALK UP REGISTRATIONS PERMITTED
Registration Open
Entry List

The Texas Motor Speedway road course makes for a really fun day of autocrossing! If you’ve never been, it’s become our signature event over the last 13 years or so, typically drawing the biggest crowds of the year. TX Region SCCA is the only local DFW club that offers this venue on their calendar! The road course is fast, fun and impressive in it’s presentation.

* Running on the road course brings with it some special requirements – you must have autocrossed at least 3 times in the current year to be eligible for this event. (clubs other than SCCA qualify) We’ll be checking local results when you sign up, and will contact you if we can’t verify that you meet the prerequisite. This is a safety issue for us – not so much for the drivers, but for the workers. The Road Course is a large venue with workers spread out over long stretches. It’s important that the worker pool be experienced in this situation.

This event will be online registration only. THERE ARE NO WALK UP REGISTRATIONS PERMITTED. This is necessary for us to verify your experience and it also helps us plan a better event for you! Because of the expenses associated with such an awesome venue, there is a $15 registration fee increase for the road course.

Approximate Event Schedule
7:30am – 8:30am…. Registration & Tech Inspection Open

8:00am (approx)….. Course open for walking

8:45am (approx)….. Novice Walk Thru 9:15am (approx)….. Mandatory Drivers Meeting

9:30am (approx)….. 1st heat Drivers in Grid, 1st heat Workers on course, First Car Out!

If you would like to become an SCCA member you can sign up here. It’s a great value!

·
Super Moderator
6,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
@zhent -- registration closes in 3 days. If you are interested in one Heck of a venue, let me know!

·
Super Moderator
3,343 Posts
I wish I could, but I'll be at work this weekend.

·
Super Moderator
6,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
* cough * Cough * sickness *

·
Super Moderator
3,343 Posts
yeah, that's harder to do as a middle manager. I've already got one other person out for the weekend, and I won't know what changes are coming down until tomorrow at the earliest. IT management at night is kind of odd like that...

Reactions: ZStang

·
Super Moderator
6,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like I'm running last heat. If you want to come out and watch, I'd say that 1:00 pm is a good time to appear. @zhent , you'd get first group and a cold track. :eek:

Preliminary Run/Work order has been set. Based on the current entry level, there will be a 4 heat run/work structure. Any changes will be announced at the mandatory 9:00am Drivers Meeting held at the Timing trailer on the day of the event.

Run1/Work3
AS, BS, DS, SSP, ESP, STF, CAM-T, HCS, SM, SMF, AM, FSAE

Run2/Work4
CS, ES, BSP, STR, STU, CAM-S, CP, EP, BM, CM, X

Run3/Work1
GS, ASP, DSP, STX, CAM-C, BP, DP, SSM, EM, FM, W

Run4/Work2
SS, FS, HS, SSR, CSP, FSP, STP, STS, HCR, XP, FP, DM, KM

·
Super Moderator
3,343 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Autocross photos are up (mine) from today's event ... see the photos thread. ....

Teaser.....

·
Super Moderator
6,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Supposedly I picked up a cone somewhere on this run ...

Reactions: zhent

·
Super Moderator
6,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the fun part --- through the tunnel

1 - 11 of 11 Posts