·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reactions: Park

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
So I'm looking at the next mod I should do to my pony and been thinking about a downpipe..............Holy crap they are expensive here.

One place wanted over $2000!!!!! Milltek Sport Catted Downpipe - Ford Mustang 2.3 EcoBoost - Milltek Sport System [SSXFD169] - Harding Performance

That being said depending on the search engine I can find them for under $300 unless I'm missing something

I sure hope companies ain't starting to employ a covid tax to everything.

Anyway rant over
See if you can find a KOOKS green catted downpipe. I've been running one on a custom tune from PDTUNING and so far no codes and the car runs great. I only payed about $900 USD for the downpipe.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
It's an expensive mod for the little in extra performance it really gives you IMO.

·
Registered
122 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheaper but the frieght alone is over $200

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
The cost for any exhaust part for these cars is outrageous, it is almost criminal.

A non-catted down pipe should cost no more than $150 and $200 for a catted in one.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
188 Posts

Don't know what you guys are talking about.

CVF 3" Stainless Steel Catted Downpipe (2015+ Ford Mustang EcoBoost)
15 reviews $374.99

Reactions: HeightsLife

·
Registered
98 Posts
if you're going with catted, that's $100-$150 to start. i stared at the $150 catless eBay auctions for a year and a half .. Amazon even had the same exact one from same eBay seller for $98. i stared at that thing for months til it finally no longer in stock. $98!? but i couldn't do it. one prominent member's words have stuck with me, 'it's just a piece of steel, don't overthink it, and don't overpay for it' Ultimarely, the look of disappointment on my Fathers face (mechanic) when i mentioned i wanted catless DP was enough. So after that, it had to be Catted and Made in USA. CVF ftw but that cp-e is gorgeous

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Don't know what you guys are talking about.

CVF 3" Stainless Steel Catted Downpipe (2015+ Ford Mustang EcoBoost)
15 reviews $374.99
I'm in Australia. That's still an outrageously expensive bit of steel

·
Registered
98 Posts
Australia is close to many AliExpress suppliers. don't know how you feel about them. the same $98 pipe i contemplated was there for $78 + $100 shipping to AUS and i saw a catted version for $200 + $100 shipping AUS. not an endorsement or recommendation ... just saying

·
Registered
86 Posts
I wouldn't spend more than $100-150 on a non-catted downpipe and they're available as far as I've seen. For a catted one, I would probably spend $250? Anything more than that for either nowadays is a plain rip off lol. With most of these you're paying for the name and yes, it's ridiculous. I'm just of the opinion that a DP isn't worth it either way unless you're really itching to mess with something. Put that money towards a turbo upgrade if you're really looking for a noticeable bump in power.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts