Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Has or is anyone using this driveshaft ?
I have one. It works great. Stay away from the carbon fiber driveshafts. That's just my own opinion. A good one piece Aluminium driveshaft will last a lifetime. A carbon fiber driveshaft won't.

Reactions: Coyote Chaser

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you notice a difference in all around drive ability or is it more noticeable in a racing or competition driving environment?

·
Registered
663 Posts
Did you notice a difference in all around drive ability or is it more noticeable in a racing or competition driving environment?
You don't notice it at all. It is simply designed to not break when used in higher horsepower applications. It doesn't make you go faster or drive any different. It is simply designed to put up with more abuse from all the parts that make you go faster. If you aren't doing at least 400 HP to the rear wheels you don't need one in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
You don't notice it at all. It is simply designed to not break when used in higher horsepower applications. It doesn't make you go faster or drive any different. It is simply designed to put up with more abuse from all the parts that make you go faster. If you aren't doing at least 400 HP to the rear wheels you don't need one in my opinion.
Honest question: Theoretically, if its a bit lighter than the stock driveshaft, shouldn't the lessened 'rotational mass' make a difference in acceleration capabilities? Or nah? Not enough of a difference to be noticed, even by a dyno? Thanks!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’ve changed drive shafts on other cars because I was going to 4:10 gears and making more power.
Just wasn’t sure if their was an advantage getting rid of the two piece factory.

Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I’ve changed drive shafts on other cars because I was going to 4:10 gears and making more power.
Just wasn’t sure if their was an advantage getting rid of the two piece factory.

Thanks for the reply.
I kind of mis-spoke. You will get a very small HP increase to the rear wheels with the one piece drive shaft because their is no carrier bearing to rob power from the driveshaft. So yes there is a little tiny HP to the rear wheel gain but you will never feel it in the seat of your pants. The real advantage is it strengthens the driveline and can take more HP before things break.

·
Registered
2015 MUSTANG ECOBOOST
8 Posts
I have a question .. I purchase the aluminum driveshaft but I am confused on the hardware that it came with. The 3 hex bolt that attaches to the trans came with lock washer and nuts. But the plate that the adapter goes on has thread's already for the hex bolts to go in so why do I need the nuts or the nuts are for different application and if I don't need the nuts . Do I still need the lock washer? On the image I am attaching I put the nuts but that looks completely wrong and I feel I just don't need the nut

·
Registered
2015 MUSTANG ECOBOOST
8 Posts
For my ecoboost. I didn't need the 3 nuts and lock washer provided with the driveshaft. Also the 4 bolts that attaches to the driveshaft adapter. Hmm hard to torque I use crofoot but still difficult that I feel I didn't torque them to there specification. Also I have to remove the transmission support and loosen the cat. Converter to install the driveshaft.. everywhere I look it shows for gt. Not ecoboost.when attaching 4 bolts to the trans. Make sure you do one by one without going all the way tight.. if you do then the last bolt you won't be able to get it in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts